Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
I wasn't aware we got no less than two, nevermind one Persona 5 Let's Play going. All the better. I'm going to look forward to the differences in gameplay decisions.

Tae posted:

p5 suffers the most from a "play 30 minutes every week" format.

I'm not sure how this exactly works for an RPG :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

resurgam40 posted:

and P4's protagonist... well... was many things, but outside of a very specific plot point that would frankly make anyone's blood boil, "angry" wasn't particularly one of them.

I really need to look through the entire anime now. That is some stellar voice acting and comedic timing.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

GoneRampant posted:

Johnny Yong Bosch always makes the best he can whenever Yu is allowed to talk. Just... stay away from the Golden Animation, the only good thing to come out of it was the song "Yin-Yang."

I'd PM you but you don't have platinum and I fear this veers too far off course from the P5 thread as it is. So I'll shut up about it if it does derail too much. But why so?

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Count Bleck posted:

This is exactly what happens in P3 and P4 as well though, "Boss rear end starter persona becomes irrelevant after 5 levels, congrats on learning the downside of the Wild Card, chump."

Wild card downside? I call refashioning the starter Persona into a carrying endgame viable weapon a challenge :unsmigghh:

Which you can only do around the endgame point, oh well.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
What I'm liking so far is the design of the Confidant tarot cards. They're like negative, or inverted images of the usual tarot cards. La Met gets mauled by a dog. Le Chariot has the charioteer trying to drive his vehicle despite a rather striking injury. That plays interestingly to the current themes of underdogs and continued misfortune to our protagonists.

Add to that the French titles, and I'm willing to say we'll see more French in the Confidant tarot cards. I wonder if this can be linked to Le Tarot de Marseille.

EDIT: Well poo poo.

The resemblance is too uncanny to be coincidental. I'll just update these as the thread moves along through the story.

Dinictus fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Bliss Authority posted:

The "classic" Persona 3-4 deck is based on the Rider-Waite. The inverted ones like The Jester, The Aeon, and Hunger are based on the Thoth deck by noted alleged demon summoner Aleister Crowley, also the source of the Goetia, which every edgy game and it's kid sister cribs for demon designs.

To be fair, the Goetia's (short for The Book of the Goetia of King Solomon) descriptions for a lot of the demons have become the standard fare of most of Shin Megami Tensei's line of demons.