Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geop
Oct 26, 2007

We’re kinda doing another LP on the side :v: It stalled for a bit, but it’ll be in motion/ending before much longer! Had to subtitle a whole bunch.

:frogsiren: Please, no discussion of Bloodborne or Dark Souls III! :frogsiren:
:frogsiren: No spoilers for Dark Souls II allowed! This also means NO SPOILER TAGS. If you've gotta discuss something, go to the Games thread for it! :frogsiren:
:staredog: Also, no more rants about durability, please. It's a discussion that derails things and goes nowhere. Just drop it! :staredog:

You guys know what this game is, I’m sure. Or at the very least, someone has hollered in your listening-hole about its lore or why it’s great or it’s bad or whatever.

It started off with FromSoftware’s King’s Field games! Dark, atmospheric, mostly ugly dungeon crawlers. Early on in the PS3’s life, From made Demon’s Souls (which grabbed my attention as it’s basically a third-person King’s Field). Demon’s had a cult following of sorts, but Dark Souls is where things really started popping. #2 came out maybe a year after I wrapped up the first LP! By this point, there’s Bloodborne and now Dark Souls III! Oh goodness, so far behind.

Why LP this one? Well, I ain’t skipping ahead! Also, we ended on a cliffhanger!

HEY! This is a blind LP, just like the last shitshow. Joining me from the very beginning are my pals Vicas, Kuvo, and Squint! Of them, it sounds as though Vicas has the freshest memory of what’s going on (but they could all be lying to me). Apparently the DLC re-shuffled a lot of enemy placements and encounters! Exciting!

This LP itself is going to be handled using the PS4 release, which bundled everything together, DLC and all! Also, I goofed up the first session (system setup thing un-did itself), so it isn’t 60FPS; the source video quality also took a hit. Youtube muddies this already muddy game up quite a lot. I recommend downloading the source video, if possible! Particularly after episode 6!

Vicas is also doing an informative Dark Souls 1 LP!
Kuvo has a Xenoblade X LP or something too

((No-Music version for German viewers!))

Geop fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Aug 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

((Eps 46 & 47 are the new ones btw :toot:))

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Yeah regarding the pyro hand, I figured out what it meant while editing in post; its stats are nice and high if you're super-duper hollow. Meaning "I don't wanna use this"

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Balqis posted:

Hey, game audio is desynced.
Premiere had a weird error that I've seen a few times in the past; I think it caused my game audio track to de-sync. I'll probably try a re-encode in the morning or somethin'.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Fixed the desync.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

no worries, I remember the art/thumbnail :v:

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Fish Noise posted:

This. This right here. The single most hilarious thing that DS2 has given us.
My bonfire aesthetic is aqua blue and hot pink. Just full-on vaporwave.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

oh my god, fast and furrious

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

btw, updates are a-comin'. Just getting started on audio editing :staredog: Should start posting the next session by next week.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

oops !!

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

double nine posted:

I just wanna say that the opening was beautiful.

By the by Geop, on the bonfire warp screen, the locations with an orange border are where the game thinks you can find plenty of other players to co-op with or invade, based on your soul level memory
oh wow, I did not know that was even a possibility in the UI. Thanks!

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

• Locked thread