Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Honestly most bosses can be made WAY easier by simply circling around them to the right, or at least trying to roll behind them on the opposite side they are swinging from. There are a couple of bosses with really dumb hitboxes that this unfortunately doesn't apply to, but otherwise any time you see a humanoid with a weapon you're pretty safe circling them, and using a shield until you learn their attacks. Re-positioning yourself in a way that forces the enemy to turn is very important in DS2 and 3 because it disrupts a lot of enemy combos. Geop already seems to have this mostly figured out with the Pursuer (his grab is still completely bullshit though)

Our recent friends the ruin sentinels are a good example of a fight that is very easy to win by baiting out certain attacks and circling behind, then continuing to circle as the enemy reorients itself, because the enemy has a very good chance of leading again with the same sort of attack that is easily exploited by more circling.

Probably will be a lot of talk about good fights, satisfying encounters, and what actually constitutes a fair challenge once Geop gets to DLC2 which has probably 2 of the best examples, and also the worst example

Cory in the Blouse fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

anilEhilated posted:

Here's a reason why I don't like the belfries: Dark Souls only had one rear end in a top hat covenant and it was perfectly capable of making its designated area a living hell. This game has two and multiple areas. I'd expand on this but spoilers forbid me from saying anything past the fact this is an extremely badly executed idea.

I think Geop has been to one of these areas already because his record scratch intro to one of the episodes showed him opening the mimic chest in a zone beyond it, but we haven't actually gotten there in the LP yet.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Also bellbros are good, because titanite chunks are completely obnoxious to get in this game, and by the time I had gotten enough chunks to upgrade both my caestuses in a recent run, I already had two slabs from bellbroing :byodood:

Slabs are way easier to get than chunks in this game without the infinite respawn Covenant of Champions and I have no idea why :shrug:

• Locked thread