Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

*chomps heartily into an onion as one would an apple, ever smiling*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Bonfire Ascetics are the most broken item in the game.

Additionally, I'm pretty sure the Flame Swathe pyromancy is also ridiculously broken, but that may have gotten a nerf.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Too bad these games have never figured out how to let you change names, despite opening (and arbitrarily closing) other things you can do to your character as the series progressed.

By the way...

The Dark Souls 2 DLCs are good.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

I tried doing the first DS3 DLC at maybe halfway through the main game. Boy was that a rush. :shepface:

magikid posted:

I'll probably enjoy them more in retrospect, because the sheer difficulty wall burned me out so hard I can't fathom going back yet.

Just don't do the one type of side area that each one has.

Or do, with an army of summons, because they deserve nothing less.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

That little kerfuffle with Vorgel the Sinner + All The Dogs is a parody of the Capra Demon fight. The "arena" is just a bigger version of the one you fight that dude in.

Although the Belfry Gargoyles are a joke on returning playthroughs or with significantly upgraded weapons, I found it to be a really engaging fight initially, despite the lack of originality. The fact that it's like six of them was immediately telegraphed, which so far as I'm concerned is a comedy beat. Fending them all off when you're at a disadvantage is a matter of creating space and keeping them all in your sights.

It's similar vs. the Ruin Sentinels, which are extremely possible to solo as well, but keeping them all in sight is the far more difficult and frustrating part. It felt really, really good to pummel them into submission on a cestus x cestus run.

...and speaking of, it's getting to be time Goonhilda had a weapon change-up.

Just sayin'.

• Locked thread