Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Dex is fine if you take the Rapier and never stop stabbing. Same with Spears (the basic Spear has a blunt-element R2 sweep!). Get the Old Leo Ring early and counterdamage fools into oblivion. Or katana like a loving loser, I guess. Generally, there's billions of weapons in DS2 and 80% of them are useable, so there will be loads of dex weapons too that everyone can have fun with. Hell, there's dex Greatswords, dex Halberds, TWO dex Ultra Great Swords (emphasizing because that's probably two more than you'd think), only one of the Curved Greatswords is Strength (but it exists, and there are Strength Daggers, Curved Swords, Twinblades...), etc.

The only dex weapon class I personally find just super boring is plain Scimitars because they don't really do anything, so if you try to use two of those like the dedicated dex-and-dual-wield starting class does (okay, one Scimitar, one Short Sword), you're probably not gonna have a good time. Powerstancing a Warped Sword and a Washing Pole, however, is a sight to behold...and the former IS a Curved Sword. Heck, DS2 really does have something for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

magikid posted:

Are we still dancing around what the dog pit is supposed to be? I really like that there's this blatant "in your face" DS1 callback with the gargoyles, and then immediately after it is a more subtle, but still completely clear nod to it.

Mazed posted:

That little kerfuffle with Vorgel the Sinner + All The Dogs is a parody of the Capra Demon fight. The "arena" is just a bigger version of the one you fight that dude in.

quote:

This actually bothers me a bit, because it takes some of the fun out of trying out new characters. The whole point of focusing on a different attack stat is that you end up being better with different weapons so you get to enjoy a new style and feel. But nope, not here, just pick your favorite weapon and use it anyway (a loving strength dagger, really?).
Who is forcing you to always use daggers no matter your statting :confused:? I sincerely don't understand your point. You simply have more options, but it's not like the game INSISTS you use them? When I say "Strength dagger", I mean that there is one dagger that scales more with Str than Dex, but not, like, A or even S. And your dex-S-scaling Curved Greatsword still requires 30+ Str to one-hand, so it's not like you can take your twirly dual dagger Assassin and just slap a giant sword on them. Though even if you could, how is this a problem?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

I think the only thing that feels off for everyone with the BSS is its drop rate, lol

• Locked thread