Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Midnight Voyager posted:

So why did we try to make sure Lucatiel stayed alive? Does her dying in a boss fight keep you from being able to use her later or something?

advancing an NPC arc generally requires to share a win together, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

e: well, there it is

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

Crystalgate posted:

I find it amazing how this game both manages to greatly improve upon Dark Souls and at the same time mess up a lot of what made it great.

ah, yes, the act of expanding a complex system that you can't identify all the moving parts in with mainly what you think is rad, including the "it's hard!!!!" meme

kaizopathic romhackism

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

huh. I knew that the shieldboy says hi and goodbye with a big ol' war cry, but I somehow never noticed that he punctuates a Lost Sinner win with that furious fist pump of joy

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my favorite friendly weirdo is Ray, we've had an opportunity or two to summon him already

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my only contribution to the poise conversation is that I basically never ever took my stone ring off ever

coulda sworn it tipped me and my clubs and hammers over the stagger threshold for a good bunch of dudes who wouldn't have flinched otherwise

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

I can't shake the feeling that the word they were going for had more to do with ascension than asceticism, but somewhere down the line something a flub went through the filters

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

OutofSight posted:

Drat. Now geop will never let go of his mighty mace.

you take that sentiment back right now

geop went and +9:ed some Claws in DS1 on a whim and proceeded to learn us all how even a garbage joke weapon of ninjas sold by a japanese cold steel hoarder can be good, fun and useful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

flamebergét

• Locked thread