Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
poo poo, I didn't know the thread restarted... thought Geop got sick of goons and was just posting new episodes on youtube.

Dunno if it's better or worse that there's actually a new thread to accompany the LP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Watched this with someone who knows the game better than me. When Geop started opening the door to nowhere my buddy shouted "Don't do it dude!" Couldn't have done better if it were planned.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

Antistar01 posted:

The other reason is that I really don't like competitive multiplayer games. Competitive anything, really. I feel the same way about competitive sport. (It's not the physical co-ordination/exertion part; I could do it, I just always hated it. Physical activities that aren't competitive are fine.) It took a while for things to crystallise for me - like I said I used to play competitive games with my friends at LAN parties (though I was usually trying to convince them to play co-op games instead) - but eventually I realised what was bothering me all that time.

I hate the feeling of trying to beat someone - defeat them, stop them, whatever. And I hate the feeling of someone trying to do that to me. Even worse when it's a team-based thing. It feels bizarre to me to do that to people who are friends, or acquaintances, or even total strangers if it's an online game, for example. To me it's always felt like... isn't there enough conflict in the world already without artificially manufacturing more? Why can't we all just get along, etc.

I feel similar about Dark Souls invasions. Balanced PvP is great, but it seems predatory and bad sportsmanship to pit players who are great at it against newbies still trying to learn PvE. AI will never be as punishing as skilled humans.

Once in this game I put some pillars and debris that made a large continuous circle between me and an invader, and ran around the debris for 25 minutes to keep him from killing me (he eventually emoted warcry and left). Bad sportsmanship? Yep, but I'd just made a lot of progress in an awful area that was already frustrating and I was pissed at the invader for potentially wrecking it. It wasted my time, but it also wasted his, so :shrug:

• Locked thread