Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Anime Reference posted:

And yeah, the Dragonslayer really should've gotten a buff if he was going to be pushed into the midgame by a big scary gatekeeper.
Concurr'd. It really is a pity they made it so much less likely for a new player to stumble into him, because I always thought he worked VERY well as something you just blunder into entirely without warning ten minutes out of the door in DS2-Vanilla. You walk down the right road out of Majula instead of the left, you turn up the path to the big snazzy cathedral, SURPRISE IT'S A BOY speartothehead.

RBA Starblade posted:

I wish the Old Dragonslayer had a bit more hp or something, just because I think his theme is one of the best in the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFrcmJQencc

It being a heavier, more drums and deeper horns oriented version of half of Biggie and Small's original theme is great.

Geop said it pisses him off a bit but I think the Old Dragonslayer being in the game sort of drives home one of the game's major themes, it just won't be obvious for a while.
Also, this. Particularly musically - goddamnit, how did I never notice that connection?
I confess, I keep not paying as close attention to this run as I did for the DS1 LP because whenever Geop gets cross with the game I feel irrationally compelled to try and explain why I like it, which I can't do because that'd mean spoiling 9/10ths of it in intense detail like a complete rear end in a top hat. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

I think Skeleton will always be my favourite Dark Souls NPC. No matter where you are, no matter where you're going, no matter what's happening, isn't it a little comforting to know - and to see - that there is a Skeleton out there too, doing their best just like you are?

Especially the one inside Goonther. That one's been earning its pay.

• Locked thread