Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

IronSaber posted:

Yeah, if you're at Max Hollow all the time, you're doing something wrong.

It's how I played the game on my first playthrough because I was too lazy to go to my inventory and use an Effigy most of the time. It's how I got gud.

I knew they existed but I started with Demon's Souls where everything is balanced around you having roughly half your actual health so it didn't phase me too much.
Only later did it occur to me that the game might actually much easier if you have health and there's no need to handicap oneself if there isn't a dumb world tendency system you can screw up by dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Interestingly, The Lost Sinner used be more brutal. They toned her down after realizing that this is gonna be an early game boss for quite a few people.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

magikid posted:

Holy hell did they soften up Sinner's Rise. I'll take ten Flexile Sentries over what was there before.

Yeah, they toned down a lot of the shittier encounters like the bottom of Sinner's Rise for example. Which is why I never got why people complain about SotFS being Kaizo Dark Souls II, it's just not true.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Yeah, I didn't wanna be that guy again. But boy, is it really that hard to not spoil poo poo after it's literally the first sentence (e: okay fine, third, but it's in big bold letters between sirenfrogs) you read when entering the thread?

Not gonna lie, how horrible geop's old thread got with spoilers made me pre-emptively call people idiots for that in my old spoiler policy.

Please, don't prompt this thread to be locked every other day again.

E: Luet is a badass, though. Glad they added him here in Scholar.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Apr 25, 2017

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

One part I love about Scholar is that they added that huge dragon. Previously we questioned the Dragonrider's credibility, because he has no dragon to ride on, now it's The Old Dragonslayer who's probably a scam because there's this huge-rear end lizard dude right in front of his door and he's too scared to lower the bridge and, y'know, slay it.

Then again, I also think the Old Dragonslayer fight is just unnecessary. It doesn't really fit into this game. I like my fanservice but Dark Souls II just kinda throws poo poo some random place and then has the audacity to ask the question "Why's this here? No one knows!"

• Locked thread