Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Geop eat the sceptic's spice.

Mmmm, so spicy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

magikid posted:

Holy hell did they soften up Sinner's Rise. I'll take ten Flexile Sentries over what was there before.

I think it's still there on ng+. With the Flexile.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

KieranWalker posted:

Some of the NPC phantoms they added for Scholar and the DLCs are pretty fun like that. A few of them will screw with you like a player would, and it's hilarious.

could you give an example of an npc screwing with you? The name will suffice.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

anilEhilated posted:

There's an utterly fantastic invader in one of the DLCs but I'm drawing a blank on the friendlies.

yeah, I'm drawing a blank on friendly npcs doing weird stuff. They do fun emotes but I don't think any of them, say, drop an item upon being summoned. Which would be rad.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I just checked the wiki, and there are only 8 boss souls that overlap between Straid and Ornifex. Most of them are completely separated stacks. Right now Geop has _no_ boss souls that can be used by both vendors.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I'm not gonna talk about poise, I will however mention that the dragonrider twinblade is fun to use, esp. if a dex spellcaster. Also the barbed club is kinda garbage IMO.

e: I don't think I've ever used any of the halberds; any one have an opinion on those?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Oh yeah, I remember now. That always threw me off because I sucked at correctly guessing the distance.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Problem with the stone ring is that it's effect isn't very visible - would that enemy have flinched if I hadn't had the ring on y/n?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I just remembered that ... with the bonfire aesthetic you can get all boss weapons for a particular boss in a single game, if you feel so inclined. That's really neat.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

geop iirc you can drop multiple items for the crows without leaving the inventory. open inventory ->leave one ->leave one->leave one ->leave one->leave one ->leave one->exit inventory.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

necroid posted:

even that way it's a tedious process, they should've let you exchange everything smooth & silky at the same time... I haven't played ds3 yet so I don't know if it's still a thing.

DS3 has fixed lists and you can only trade each item once.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

BenRGamer posted:

After finally binging through and completing Dark Souls 3, I gotta say... I like 2 better due to gameplay.

2 made running around shieldless way more viable and fun.

I don't agree. But I do agree that the overly hectic combat pacing of 3 makes 2 feel a lot more pleasant comparatively.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Sum Gai posted:

I don't agree that 2 is less hectic. If anything it's moreso, what with all the crap you have to deal with, but it also hamstrings your ability to handle those kinds of situations.

Eeeeh, 2's combat felt a lot slower and deliberate. 3 has some insanely fast enemies that'd make the tasmanian devil blush.

But this isn't really the place for this discussion, I think. Geop, try jumping.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I just wanna say that the opening was beautiful.

By the by Geop, on the bonfire warp screen, the locations with an orange border are where the game thinks you can find plenty of other players to co-op with or invade, based on your soul level memory

double nine fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jul 17, 2017

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Yeah, I'm kind of bummed how the mace effectively brutalized Ol' Dragonslayer. With base equipment he's pretty fun and challenging because you don't do a lot of damage, and thus have to dodge more. He also has some attack moves that are similar but different from the DS1 bossfight. Good luck getting through the dragon + stone/heide knights gauntlet with base equipment though.

Really, I wish he wasn't such a pushover, his design is pretty cool, his music rocks, his moves are clearly telegraphed, making him still good for an early game boss.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I love that door. both because it is a ridiculous trap and because it's a ridiculous but efficient (if a bit hairy) shortcut.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Glencour is an npc summon I think added in the scholar edition.

And I'm genuinely pissed at how easy a time you had with the gargoyles. drat geop how dare you breeze through this game made of sharp glass and hot coals?

e: additionally the dogpile arena is eerily familiar to a dark souls 1 area. I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned.

double nine fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 14, 2017

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Laputanmachine posted:

That "try above" message in the bonfire room was in fact for the bonfire room itself, not the corridor leading out of it.

I missed that message, should geop try locking on?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

it's kind of impressive how much less fun this game is without a mace.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

IDK, I tried a dex run once or twice and it never felt very satisfying to me. Now I admit that I dislike dual-wielding stuff so maybe that's the trick, but I didn't feel nearly as weak with a str build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

Its been like six years and I've still never seen it drop.

It drops lots of times. If you're doing a str run. Going Dex? Haha gently caress you

• Locked thread