Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Remember that bit about Gwyn's pyramid scheme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I always thought the bug was a reference to the worst boss in Dark Souls 1?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Plus there's really nothing to lose since it's yet another big guy/gal with a big weapon. I understand they were going for a theme with the four bosses at primal bonfires but this is really the one they could've afforded to be more imaginative with.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

IGgy IGsen posted:

Yeah, they toned down a lot of the shittier encounters like the bottom of Sinner's Rise for example. Which is why I never got why people complain about SotFS being Kaizo Dark Souls II, it's just not true.
I can think of at least two locations they made much, much more annyoing just for the hell of it.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
There's an utterly fantastic invader in one of the DLCs but I'm drawing a blank on the friendlies.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Regarding the last fire keeper - I don't think this is ever elaborated upon in the game but that woman who narrated the intro and told you to go to Drangleic looked awfully like the two crones...

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I think the logic behind the wyrven's placement is that the Dargonrider parked it there.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 08:22 on May 5, 2017

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

funktopus posted:

I don't know, I was able to manage through all three DLCs with a dual-wield caestus run, and I don't consider myself especially good at Dark Souls in general. Though I'll admit, dual caestus is really powerful in DS2.
Blunt force is the answer to everything in DS2. It's a very realistic game that way.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Dark Souls 2 has fantastically fun pyromanices, it's a shame they got nerfed.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I probably used the wrong word. The DLCs (and I think Scholar) messed with some enemy stats but that's talk for the far future.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Honestly, I think the best way to handle Norstein would have been just to give him a goddamn area. I've probably said it before, but I love the way Heide looks and the fact there's very little to do there and you don't ever find out anything about the history of that place is one of my biggest disappointments with this game.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Here's a reason why I don't like the belfries: Dark Souls only had one rear end in a top hat covenant and it was perfectly capable of making its designated area a living hell. This game has two and multiple areas. I'd expand on this but spoilers forbid me from saying anything past the fact this is an extremely badly executed idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

OutofSight posted:

There are more than enough weapons (even early starter stuff), which are interesting and fun for a some build. Of course, if you value painless first playthrough progression only sorcerer with *pew pew* magic missiles come close.
Yeah, thing about that? Heide. One of those big slow knights takes roughly two thirds of your soul arrow charges and you are pretty unlikely to have a blunt weapon at that point if you don't go for the mace.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Aug 15, 2017

• Locked thread