Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sternieliscious
Sep 21, 2014

Dynas: Tea warrior
It's nice to see my favorite of the series getting picked up again. I'm tempted to share my old screenshots, but we've yet to see the areas I took them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sternieliscious
Sep 21, 2014

The bug is in fact a callback to the boss you're thinking of. That fact becomes more obvious on a NG+ run.

I really dig Lost Bastille because it's likely the player's first encounter with a Lord Soul boss and the encounter is pretty forgiving. It's also a short enough zone that getting summoned and successfully clearing the area is fairly probable.

Sternieliscious
Sep 21, 2014

I'd say my favorite run was indeed as Broseph Brostar: Praiser of the Sun, Slinger of Lightning, and Puncher of Mans. That powerstance was a treat and felt better to me than my attempts to play Professor Pugilist in Bloodborne.

What were people's preferred spell class? I felt Faith and Dark to be my jam.

Sternieliscious
Sep 21, 2014

I think the Pursuer was a big part of what I liked about SOTFS. True to his name, he pursues all the time. Because of that regularity we have a nice gauge to see how far along our own character has grown and how well our skills have developed. By the end of the game I looked forward to my occasional dance with the Pursuer just to see where I stood.

The Dragonslayer, however, wasn't really that memorable of a fight and could have been better served elsewhere if devs were hellbent on putting him somewhere appropriate.

Sternieliscious
Sep 21, 2014

Story time. I suck at PVP. It's the one thing that gets to me in this series how I can't just coop and not PVP. It's at the Belfry where I decided to stop worrying and love the troll. I renamed my first character to Store Greeter and spammed the Welcome emote whenever I got invaded. When someone came in for the swing, I'd roll away and emote some more. It helped with the annoyance of interrupted gameplay. Later on I joined the Bell Bros just to welcome players who were like me and didn't want a fight. It was good times.

When Geop gets further on I'll tell the tale of my other themed character.

• Locked thread