Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OutofSight
May 4, 2017

BenRGamer posted:

In any case, the best (read: most fun) weapons in the game are in the DLCs, and I hope Geop manages to find/show them off at some point. Though I don't think he'll do the DLCs until they all become available.

They're... kinda difficult.

While those DLC weapons maybe all fun (and very anime), i would not consider them ease-of-use. The mace (and the other stuff from Leningrast) are kind of the "gold standard", if you want to feel safe and being effective (=boring).

Drat. Now geop will never let go of his mighty mace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
I am kind of jealous, how "casually bad" DS2 invaders apparently are on console. What a waste of the UGS + off-hand rapier combo.

Anime Reference posted:

Dude was definitely not showing the mace enough respect.

Dude was alreaddy showing no understanding of his own "Greatsword" moveset. Maces can and should be outspaced in pvp.

OutofSight fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jul 17, 2017

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

LashLightning posted:

Does our favourite cannibal, Smough, get a doubleganger after his appearance in DS1?
We encounter some big hammer guy later? There were already some hammerdudes. Time for more big hammerdudes.

(I kind of wish Geop would become a big buff hammerdude and drop that tiny and reasonable looking mace.)

OutofSight fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 20, 2017

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

Crystalgate posted:

When fighting the ruin sentinels, Geop failed most, if not all, dodges. The reason for that I think, is an unintuitive consequence of the invincibility frames [...]
Pretty much. You get your precious i frames as soon as you press the roll button. So the idea s to dodge late and rather into an enemy attack to get the lowest amount of connecting weapon hitbox frames.

quote:

Also, about the one running around naked. You may as well do so in this game.[...]

It is worth pointing out that, unlike physical resistances, elemental resistances count as 10% reduction every 100 points elemental armor you have. There are certain armors that give high elemental reistances and are worth upgrading, if you like to optimize (for pvp or certain pve situations).

Of course good "Soulsborne" players know that armor its was, is and will be about "Fashion Souls" all along.

Semi-naked chars with otimized poise and elemental armor you might encounter is pretty much MLG-Pro_PvP_guys.txt.
(Yes i could have phrased that nicer, but it is "souls hardcore-pvp guys")

OutofSight fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jul 29, 2017

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

double nine posted:

it's kind of impressive how much less fun this game is without a mace.

Questionable.
There are more than enough weapons (even early starter stuff), which are interesting and fun for some build. Of course, if you value painless first playthrough progression only sorcerer with *pew pew* magic missiles come close.

Roll timing and direction? Weapon moveset and speed? Who cares. Just keep the distance and shoot blue projectiles all day every day.

OutofSight fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Aug 17, 2017

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

double nine posted:

IDK, I tried a dex run once or twice and it never felt very satisfying to me. Now I admit that I dislike dual-wielding stuff so maybe that's the trick, but I didn't feel nearly as weak with a str build.

Maybe it is because i am a pve and pvp guy, but DS2 dex has some amazing weapons with very good movesets.

King Katana with their good moveset and 150 counters. I swear, i want to live to see a FROM game with a bad katana.
Spears with their giant hitboxes and phantom range.
Rapier with phantom range and insane r1 dps.
Reapers are hard to use but fun against every shield turtle

If you invest more strength you get Curved Greatswords and my favourite greatswords form the DLCs.

Really, most of the interesting weapons always require some dipping into STR or DEX.

(Don't worry Geop. I made my point and will stop now.)

OutofSight fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Aug 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

Tuxedo Ted posted:

When you go dex is when you get a Large Club from your first infested barbarian.

It's funny, because it is true.

So the real Dark Sauls 1 is suffering through a faith build? All those spell vendors and high-level spells hidden behind covenants. *shudder* I can say in DS2 and SotFS it is way more fun running a FTH focused build.

• Locked thread