Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NerdsMcGee
Sep 23, 2006
My hands are too stained...
Oh man the Pencil trick. Those were the days. I miss my XP 1700.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NerdsMcGee
Sep 23, 2006
I had a stick of my Skylake-used Corsair DDR4-3000 2x8GB kit die, so I'm in the market for new RAM again...I was only able to get these to 2666 on my Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3. Should I be looking to stay with Corsair or should I be shopping around for something else? I have ~150 budgeted for RAM, and don't mind "only" 16GB.

NerdsMcGee
Sep 23, 2006

kirtar posted:

Check the QVL for your motherboard if you want to be safe. The options for 3200 off of the QVL for that board are pretty limited, though presumably most samsung B-die kits should work fine. The 2x8GB 3200 kits on the list are like $186 though.

Ordered some GeiL GEX416GB3000C15ADC which were on the QVL for DDR-3000 / 2933. Hopefully I can OC them to 3200, if not, it's still better than before. Thanks!

NerdsMcGee
Sep 23, 2006

Bareback Werewolf posted:

What BIOS version are you using? I have the same motherboard with version F6 and was able to get my G.Skill Flare X up to 3200MHz using XMP no problem. I wasn't able to do it with F5.

I'm on F6, and anything higher than 2666 won't post no matter the timings or volts. Oh well, the GeiL should be better.