Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.
I've still got my alfa pal 8045, beast of a heatsink. Iirc it was a solid copper base with hex shaped pins what rose out of it in an 80mm x 80mm cube.

Slapped an 80mm > 120mm fan adaptor on it with a 120mm 200cfm delta fan on it. Overclocked something like a 1.5/1.6ghz thunderbird to 3.2ghz waaaay back in the day. 100% overclock, those were the days. Nf7-s motherboard. Revision 1.0 till it caught on fire (!) Then a rev 1.2 board.

Was beating guys who were on water, but drat was it loud. Edit: was also in a case built from knex, because I was a poor and the with adaptor didn't fit in any standard sized case.

Also I can't say for windows 7, but windows 10 runs comfortably on 8gb ddr2, ran a bit janky on 4gb. I think windows 7 supports 8gb and given how windows loves ram that's what I'd go for.

Cost me recently £10 per 4gb for 800mhz ddr2. However if you're after the fast 1066mhz stuff... well I recently sold an 8gb 1066mhz ddr2 kit for £95. So yeah, it can be pricey.

Captain Hair fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Apr 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU