Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I'm looking at building a new desktop here in the next couple of weeks after being pretty out of following desktop hardware the last few years and coming back to be pleasantly surprised AMD is worth a poo poo again. I did pick up on the caveat that if I do a Zen3 chip on a B550 or a X570 that there is some inherent jank with firmware updates. Are there some boards people like that are relatively easy to flash to zen3 capability (or are zen3 capable out of the box) without a lot of hassle? Looking at something primarily gaming focused for a mid - high end enthusiast build. Been looking at a Ryzen 9 5900 and a RTX 3070 and will build out from there as I can budget and source parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Purgatory sphere gives me more time to pull more money together for a better rig at least.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

mdxi posted:

I've been buying more stuff from Best Buy, of all places. Started in 2020 because their stock tracking was accurate, and I could pick stuff up curbside. Kept doing it because... their stock tracking is accurate, pickup is still easy, newegg started turning into an evil parody of itself, and amazon is still a wasteland of over-MSRP bullshit.

Newegg bums new out. They were so good in the 00s. I never had issues with them when I did regular pc builds in high school and college. Every time I've tried to use them since the pandemic I've been mad and disappointed.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
How generous is AMDs warranty process?

I had a two month old 7800x3d keel over and die basically out of nowhere. I dropped my old 7600 in and it works fully fine now. Stock clocking settings, liquid cooled system that had no thermal problems. Not seeing and dead contact pads on the bottom nor is there any thermal muck.