Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

VealCutlet posted:

I can say that temps on the R5 1600 are pretty drat good, temps maxed at around 63.3 at 3.8@1.35v during prime95 torture. On a h80i v2.

The limitation of the chips is definitely not thermals

It is for mine :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

VealCutlet posted:

What's your loop like? Are you seeing the temps rise in the loop to the same degree? I just don't know how you can be hitting 75o at 1.275v or whatever it was.

I have pump 240 CPU 140 GPU res. The temps are basically the same as what I was getting with the nh-u12s so it's probably just a lovely chip. The GPU runs super cool so at least that is working

Also that was prime95 with avx on small FFTs or something

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

If you remove the block, how's the thermal paste being distributed around on the top of the CPU? Is the base of the CPU block good and flat?

I'm probably going to look this weekend, but the paste looked fine when I took off the noctua. I might try putting "too much" paste on and see if that helps. No idea how flat the block is but it's the ek supremacy Evo so idk

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

I actually did that with better results as far as getting thin lines for the gpu, and might just do that for the cpu when i redo the paste because gently caress it

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Atreus posted:

Overclocking nonsense:

So HWInfo vs Ryzen master practically has three temperature points. Tdie, Tcal(I think) and one for the motherboard reporting temperatures, and they all vary. Oone of them has the +20C offset, which I'm ignoring. Which one should I consider the "legitimate" one as far as don't scorch my processor temps are concerned?

Additionally, VRM seems hot under prime95 load at 83c. Is there an appropriate range?

Using Killer/ac, 1600x.

Hwinfo has 3 temps. Tdie Tctl and the socket temperature. Tctl is Tdie+20, and the motherboard reading is probably socket temperature. I only really look at tdie