Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CodFishBalls
Jul 1, 2023
To chirp in, Micro Center is likely going to do a 5600x3d bundle, bundling it with a B550 board (my suspicion is the Tuf B-550 since they got quite a bit in stock at my local store ) and 16 gb of 3200 cl16 g.skill ram (probably ripjaw again, what they have a lot of)

Speculation is bundle price will be around 329ish, which, compared to 229 for 5600x3d, 170 for B550, and 40 for ram, is not bad, but locking yourself into the AM4 ecosystem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodFishBalls
Jul 1, 2023
Chirping as a retail grunt, the first mention I saw of the 5600x3d was on June 10th from Tom's Hardware https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-5-5600x3d-rumor-foretells-of-a-budget-am4-gaming-champ, and we got them the week of June 25th, so about a two-three week lead I guess.

so they could be in stores after black friday, or could be in there before. I would assume that we'll get the thread rippers in the run up to black friday (this week), which is gonna be great!

CodFishBalls
Jul 1, 2023

Rawrbomb posted:

I opened task manager the other day and notice that my ram speed was slow, 2133, instead of the rated 3200~.

I figured I'd at least do the basic and try to enable the EXPO settings.

I rebooted the computer, went into the UEFI, attempted to enable the EXPO option, and then saved and rebooted.
The restart happened, then failed almost instantly. The system power cycled a few times, then returned to the pre EXPO configuration.

I'm on an 5800X3D on a ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI).
The RAM modules are on the certified list: CMW32GX4M2C3200C16

I am guessing whatever version I have, is not the certified one? I don't know how I'd find out short of taking them out (for the version number)

Next Steps are:
- Update the UEFI Firmware to the latest revision
- Reseat the RAM
- Try lowering the Frequency?

Anything else I can/should check, or way to find a diagnostic information? If there is a better thread or place I should post, I couldn't find it in my searches and would appreciate a pointer.

I'd try not using DOCP but manually set the frequency, the CL16, voltage and see how that works

Second thing I would then try is due to how the 5800x3d is, you can run higher latencies. Try CL18/20 and see if that boots.

On my system, my X570 Tuf and 5800x3d refused to do 3600 at CL14 at 1.45V

Granted, said ram was not on the QVL and four sticks was probably pushing ot
I brought it back to 2133 at cl15 while doing some troubleshooting.

CodFishBalls
Jul 1, 2023
Chirping in as a warehouse grunt

-I honestly think the 5600x3d, 5700, any "new" am4 chip is just AMD trying to get rid of stock/glut of silicon. 5600x3d being Micro Center only was weird cause no one in my store knew it was Micro Center exclusive until the GN review dropped.

-in terms of how much the store I work at has gotten, I can't say. We have been getting boxes every so often on the trucks since release. I don't l know the total amount of 5600x3d made, but let's say hypothetically we're talking mid five digits, divide by number of our stores (26), you could say maybe enough for 1k, plus or minus 200 for every store? I don't know and can't check our inventory.

-the bundles, they're a loss leader/door grabber.

CodFishBalls
Jul 1, 2023
My store got the motherboards for Threadripper 7000 in stock like, last week or so?

Only the TRX50 chipset tho, no WRX90 so far.

We've had the Threadrippers 7000 in stock since the release date, along with G.Skill 6400mhz ECC Quad ram (same SKU that AMD sent out to reviewers I believe)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodFishBalls
Jul 1, 2023
The AM4 production will continue until everyone owns an AM4 system.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only AM4.