Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

I want one of them with 64GB of RAM for FEA holy dooly. My 6C/12T Xeon isn't enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

TheCoach posted:

For people who suggest web browsing does not benefit from more cores I don't know what to say. Please open resource monitor and look at what all your cores do when you do anything in a browser. My i5 gets usage on all it's cores nearly evenly divided. More cores will absolutely make web smoother all of the time.

I mean browsers do tile based rendering now sow it performs and scales exactly like those blender demos AMD does (more cores = more tiles processed at once)
Like facebook can do 50% load on all cores if you as much as scroll it...

Firefox tends to peg one core in my experience, based on my usage..

edit: It also depends entirely on your browser usage and how parallelisable each browser can make it.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Cygni posted:

Not sure if this has been posted before but wccftech posted a leaked lineup for TR:

This triggers me because it makes sense until the 1950/X which should be the 1960/X

It'd then follow the 19x0 where x is the 2nd digit of the core count. I mean it could be far better but at least it'd make sense.

Right now it's so close but then goes full AMD :allears:

Edit: missed the 1930X loving everything up.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I’m on a Z170 but my Asrock’s E2400 Killer NIC can push 106MB/sec to my server. Given that it’s connected using salvaged-from-construction-site cat 5E patch cable I self-crimped and a crappy Adata 5 Port Gigabit Switch. I’m going to say it’s ok enough as long as you don’t touch the poxy software.

In fact if I recall correctly, I went and manually extracted the INF, etc. out of the driver zip file and installed via add new hardware > have disk... because I didn’t want any of the software near my PC.