Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I do appreciate continuing to get to see Scotty Brooks face in the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Holy Al Horford

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

It's wierd that in the regular season Boston fans did nothing but complain about him

Boston Fans are dumb, Horford is really good

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

AAANNNNDDDD thats game

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I just want to stop in and say Manu still jamming on people in 2017 is hilarious

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

L
O
L

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Spurs will need more injuries to themselves before they are good enough to beat the warriors, but this is s good start.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Harden caught a case of the shooks.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

When your offense is entirely Trevor Ariza you are probably screwed.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Live by the 3, etc etc etc

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

LMA gets like 50% of the credit he actually deserves.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Just plum out of root beer

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Did the Celtics effectively complain a call the other way?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Wizards are looking really green in terms of playoff experience.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Lockback posted:

Wizards are looking really green in terms of playoff experience.

err, nvm

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Booo, I hate when the defender creates the contact and gets the call like that.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

big boi posted:

IT does carry the gently caress out of the ball, that's some bullshit

Mr Hoiberg please stop posting on SA and scout what you are going to do with the 16th pick

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Jackie D posted:

Folks I'm getting mad at nba officiating

Go on facebook and talk about politics, that should set you right

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Ishin posted:

They evened out not calling Smart getting the body last trip down with a horseshit foul on him this time. Refs are stupid.

Smart moved his body forward into the shooting space after Wall started the jumpshot. It's not always called in that situation, but you can't body up into someone like that while they are shooting.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

This is a great game

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Mr. Mambold posted:

Why is that not a travel when he brings the ball down and scoots the floor on his butt

Don't call traveling on cool poo poo. That's rule 0.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

How would you feel if you got knocked out in game 7 by Kelly Olynk?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I'm going to enjoy Olynyk going 6-21 in game 1 of the ECF as he rides his own wave.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Conference Final Round is going to be terrible, isn't it?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Brolander posted:

do you get a rebound credit for a tap that results in your team retaining possession?

Its up to the scorers, but usually yeah

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Jota posted:

Tristan Thompson is owning the Celtics

Him embracing his role and becoming really good was unexpected but cool.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Kyrie spacing out on defense is kinda funny

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

aww, Korver poorly trying to take a charge really brings me back to his Chicago days

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Love is balling out and I think this is going to be a quick conference finals this year.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Did we really need a zoom on the missing fingat?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Holy Bertans

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Rabid Snake posted:

Its going to be another KD game huh

Also known as a game with KD in it

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

illcendiary posted:

So next year Curry will make around $36 mil, Durant around $37, Dray/Klay combined are at $33, so that's $106 mil committed to those four. Who the hell else are they gonna have on the team

They have bird rights on Iguodala and Livingston, so they can resign those guys. Barnes is still under contract. They'll need a big though, since they don't have bird rights on Zaza.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

illcendiary posted:

And pay what, $40 mil in luxury tax? jesus

They don't hit repeater for a while, so why not? Though I was wrong, I guess Durant needs to either take a 5 mil paycut or Iggy and Livingston need to be waived. Or Durant can opt in and then take a 5 year max the following year. There are a few options.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Bashez posted:

Are they clean on being over the tax? I thought they were in this year, but it looks like they might have ducked it. Would it actually be 3 years before they start paying the repeater?

It'll somewhat depend on what happens, but likely they will not be in the tax next year. Durant will be signing with room if he opts out, but the trick here is Curry's cap hold is only 18 million and he's going to sign a 36 million DPE contract. So that 18 million over + exceptions is probably all they will end up going over. If Durant Opts in, they can give big contracts to Iggy and Livingston if they want, then they might end up in the tax.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Bashez posted:

If Durant opts in they could then sign him with the early bird exception right?

gently caress the Warriors btw

The following season for 175% of his 2017-2018 salary or 35% of the cap (and his salary would be the cap, likely). So he'd lose 9 million and 7.5% of raises if the cap holds steady. They are actually projecting the cap to decrease, so it might be a bigger drop for him.

I expect he'll either take the full contract or just take the $5 mil cut now

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Bashez posted:

The CBA faq just says the limit is up to 175% of his salary, which is plenty to offer him the max and it says he also gets his 7.5% raises.

Pop is playing Ginobili like he did Duncan. This is really going to be it I think.

Right, but he misses a season of 7.5% raises (because those on the 35 million contract start a year later). So the entire length of the contract + extensions will be 7.5% less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Bashez posted:

So just because the cap isn't expected to rise right? So hypothetically if jersey ads spiked the cap again he'd make more by opting in and then signing with bird rights?

Patty Mills can't even loving dribble. What the hell happened. Also why is he in?

Right, but you'd need the cap to raise more than 7.5% to outpace the raises, which means a 15% increase in Basketball related Revenue. Jersey patches are not going to be much, probably less than 1% total. Cap is going up next year, but then will be flat, or might even decrease slightly.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/02/07/report-nba-also-reduces-projected-2018-19-salary-cap-to-103-million/

• Locked thread