Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Lebron can totally just win this championship by himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

DeimosRising posted:

Happy to be wrong and see a good series but 21st d in the league, 6pp100p worse than last year is not just the result of "cruising" in the regular season.

Actually it is.

Honestly I'm not even sure the regular season even matters anymore when assessing any of the top teams. Too few of the players involved even give a crap.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Spring Break My Heart posted:

this feels like the cleveland/atlanta ecf

To the Celtics credit, that series was far worse because Love was out and Atlanta still got swept.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

Remember when Olynyk pulled Love's arm from its socket? And the Cavs lost in the finals that season?

He probably wants to destroy him and that team.

I legitimately think Lebron HATES Boston. Not as just an NBA opponent or a "rival" but that he just loathes everything about the franchise.

I'd complain that it seems awfully petty but I'm too busy being all :getin: to care.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Yeah I'm confident in saying that the regular season just plain doesn't matter anymore for Lebron-led teams.

Might as well just throw out the results and completely ignore any stats or win totals or whatever. They just aren't relevant at all.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I feel bad for Brad Stevens. He does as much wizardry as possible with this mediocre roster but coaching can only get you so far.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

19/39 from 3.

I don't care how good Golden State is the Cavs absolutely can win against them with that type of shooting.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Lebron is gonna end his 30pt game streak on account of boredom.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Will Lebron even attempt 10 shots in this game?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Spacebump posted:

I think the Cavs D getting worse (even if they added good offensive bench players) will not be good against a team that added Durant. I want to see the Cavs win again but it just seems so unlikely.

Counterpoint: The best three-point shooting team in the league will always give themselves a good chance at winning games.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Spacebump posted:

Isn't there a season's worth of data?

The way I see it, this season's worth of data when examined and analyzed in many different ways by many different people pegged the Cavaliers as not even the best team in their conference and with 50/50 odds at best against their peers in the upper part of the conference, and it's easy to see this reflected in the final win totals. Clearly, as can be observed from these entire playoffs, this isn't true.

The extent to which this isn't true is impossible to pin down given the circumstances of these playoff series, which sucks because it makes predicting the Finals mere guesswork. The Warriors having their own cupcake bracket on the other side doesn't help matters either.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

EvanTH posted:

Basically Jason Terry, Boris Diaw and that's it

Paul Pierce

Dwight Howard :getin:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Lebron shooting over 40% on threes in the playoffs on top of all his other nonsense is like some sort of sick joke.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

last years ECF was a huge mov aswell, despite the raptors getting 2 games

Well Raptors won both of those games convincingly and on their home court. Celtics got blasted on their own court and barely took a game on the flukiest of fluke games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I'm expecting Zaza to try and tangle up Lebron's arms on a layup or something and dislocate his shoulder, only two minutes later Lebron gets up, pops his arm back in while sparks are flying, and then proceeds to score 50.

• Locked thread