Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Constellation I posted:

yup such homers that they're applauding the league for rescinding the giannis tech

you dont actually have to defend the honor of your teams announcers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

ibaka more like i committed a foul

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

ibaka is prime dirk somehow

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

p. rude to fix the game against giannis

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the headbutt screen is an effective and legal weapon

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Paperback Writer posted:

Delly has looked horrible this half...

lebron james and the cavs all have elaborate handshakes for before and after the game except delly who had a firm handshake and a smile and without that level of friendship and accommodation he cannot flourish

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the raptors are incredibly lucky they wont be swept

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i like russ

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the dumb jack up a shot as soon as anyone goes over a screen on you and get 3 ft's thing is some really dumb bad regular season bullshit but other than that hardens real fun to watch now

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i do not get why thats ever a foul in the playoffs, you cant make it illegal to go over a screen what on earth

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i hope they do something like with the rip through for that dumb foul call anyway, it was poop in the regular season and its a loving travesty of a call in the playoffs

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

EvanTH posted:

It's a foul and until they change the rules you cant swim move over a screen on James Harden and everyone in the NBA knows this

it effectively means you are never allowed to go over a screen at all which is heinously dumb

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Time posted:

yeah its not harden specific at all. if you want the harden specific foul call its the get the defender moving for an iota move and start your shot almost preternaturally. thats the root barrel special

its a horrendous call for anyone but harden had a gently caress load more than anyone else of them this year

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Time posted:

the team with absurd pace and most pnr sets gets the most screen calls???? drat, drat

man this a dumb post

to call it even cause other people get the bad call is pretty reductionist, if you actually watch the game you see westbrook being a dumbass and driving into the lane with 3 dudes infront of him, all of whom hit him cause its the playoffs. he shouldnt be rewarded for barreling into dudes just like harden shouldnt be rewarded for jacking a shot up as soon as someone goes over a screen. contact is contact, just because theres a screen involved someone being sort of near you isnt magically some heinous crime

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Time posted:

its literally the way the game has been called for a while now and they should take a look at it because it discourages going over, not because one player is smarter about drawing it than most of the league. I agree with you that its bad for the game but whining about harden specifically is like whining about gary payton when it was really handchecking that was dumb as poo poo

i am mad about his diabolical need to probe at the rules like some sort of basketball mad scientist

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i also feel like that call was nowhere near as common last year but maybe i have amnesia

i like harden a lot tho, his brand of driving at the basket when hes not fishing for fouls is probably the most entertaining outside of like, kyrie. i feel like kyrie fucks up the finish way more often meanwhile it feels like harden is shooting 100% against enes kanter currently

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Brolander posted:

no one is allowed to jaw at the refs as much as Green

he sliced one open with his fingernail last year hes not messing around

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

leftist heap posted:

the GSW announcers think an awful lot of McGee

like their fans they just found out about basketball 2 years ago

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the simon says guy is the actual worst

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i want the pacers to lose but it would be nice for turner to unfuck himself so glad he dunked on tt

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

pubic works project posted:

It's so cute when a Cavs fan complains about NOT getting calls. :allears:

devastating ownage by This Guy!!!

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the ol euro step into coming back down, taking another step and then throwing it out.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

17 points, some college basketball poo poo

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

pubic works project posted:

Lmao they're just making stuff up now when they blow the whistle

drawing charcoal etchings of lance flopping, selling it on etsy during ref conferences

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

after thad young hit lebron in the face seraphin hit him in the face again on the way down lmao

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

melt nicedown

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

even in lances doubt his ability to immediately own up to it belies the insane amount of unearned confidence he possesses

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the dunk shot is the most effective technique in all of basketball

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the pacers are just insane on the flopping today

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

deron williams with the deer in headlights stunned look walking towards lebron for a firm handshake and a question on his lips of is this how a real playoff team looks like

the story about kyrie sheepishly asking lebron during a spurs-cavs game if this was what a real playoff game is like was adorable

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Papes posted:

I see that the refs have decided to not automatically put harden on the line, regardless if he was the player who initiated contact or wasn't even touched at all.

dont tempt fate friend

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the thunder announcers are pretty hilarious

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Metapod posted:

They are very bad

thats why they are hilarious. some dude going livid about a normal screen in the playoffs instead of calling anything about the play is funny altho im sure it would wear thin

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Panzeh posted:

I see we're not calling punches to the face now. OKC basketball.

punches to the face lmbo

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

dang russ dunk that when harden doesnt defend you smh

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

harden forcing the ball to lie is his greatest crime

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

my streams have frozen on the past 4 shots its incredible

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016