Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

GonSmithe posted:

Know what I really appreciated about this movie? The score. It's loud and intrusive, with snares and xylophones. You don't hear scores like this very often anymore and it absolutely gives it an old-timey vibe while still being used to great effect for setting the tone.

The score for this film is phenomenal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Wait, how do you mean. Undermines the premise in what way?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I dunno, I really like that God is a chimp that just got tired of humans making war.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Also, I really like that it's a figure of speech literally looming in the background for most of the film. It's divine retribution, deus ex machina, whatever, but you can't say it's not foreshadowed.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The next Apes movie is going to be super interesting, because there have been a billion postapoc movies but precious few about like, after the flood and actually building a society. What are they gonna crib from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

CelticPredator posted:

Probably not that bad.

Having your dad be a famous bank robber who was tangentially linked to the Kennedy assassination and one of the first prisoners in SuperMAX is probably cool as hell when you're 14.

• Locked thread