Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Yeah its weird, the first two movies are actually quite well made and good to watch, yet the series really doesn't seem that 'huge'. I hope they did alright and this one does too, they deserve it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
Gonna go see this in a few hours - was a top up between Apes and Spiderman and I figured a Marvel movie is a Marvel movie and this was at least going to be a little different. Will post my thoughts in here tomorrow probably :).

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
Say this yesterday. Overall, it was Very Good but not Incredible. Here are the pros and cons for ya:

Pros:

- Best effects i've ever seen I think. I was constantly in awe of the apes and the other effects. The textures on their faces, the fur looked absolutely incredible. Not once did I think that it looks fake.
- Very nicely shot, good cinematography. Film looks great.
- Awesome opening scene and final scene.
- Cesar has fantastic gravity.
- Comic relief talking monkey dude.
- Again, film looks amazing.

Cons:

- Woody Harrelson seemed wasted. He's not in it that much and his character was a little dull. Just an rear end in a top hat/sadist.
- I know its not an action film, but a little bit more would have been good. A lot of the film seems to be with the apes on horseback and then being in a prison.
- Story seemed a little 'small'. There were references to a bigger thing going on (other human factions) but the scale of whats happening seemed a little lost. Maybe that was the point.
- Not really a con, but sad to see cesar die. He was badass.

But yes, you should see this.

henpod fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Jul 13, 2017

• Locked thread