Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

RedSpider posted:

They're calling this a trilogy, but I know a fourth one is already being planned. Maybe it will take place 50 years into the future or something?

There was a news report in the first one about a space mission's craft vanishing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My audience totally understood. One of the soldiers was about to shoot Ceasar, a lot of people gasped, and the avalanche was cheered.

They have a line in the movie that while the Colonel is a rogue agent, humanity as a whole hates apes just as much as he does.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Did the deaf girl's father have a gun and was about to shoot the apes when he was going to drop those sticks, or did Ceasar just flat out shoot him? I think I saw a rifle underneath the sticks, but it happened too fast.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Someone mentioned upthread, I think, of the idea of the fourth movie being basically POTA from the perspective of the Ape culture, which I think would be interesting.

You could shift things around so that older Apes remember humanity with pangs of regret and sadness for what happened to them (they could keep human slaves, but in a "poo poo, they do lose their intelligence eventually, and we can't just let them go extinct" way), but the younger generation only knows their violence, and the plot basically asks which viewpoint survives.

• Locked thread