Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

These movies got me going ape poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlaVBQ7XTWM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

GonSmithe posted:

Where are the people who are not fans of Maurice so I can permaban them?

Too cruel. Just give them bad ape avatars.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

There were elements of Cain and Abel within the relationship between Caesar and Koba, the "brother" he killed and whose ghost haunts him throughout the film as well.

I really dug this movie.

E: also, am I crazy, or did I catch a hint of Heston's voice mixed in when Maurice said "Nova?"

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jul 28, 2017

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

"Underplays the premise" is wrong too, as the series actually follows up on the poison that is inside man that leads directly to the thesis of War.

War corrupts everyone when it's embraced.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Divine retribution is exactly how I described the avalanche after leaving the theater. The human soldiers willed the avalanche into being as soon as the first soldier lifted his weapon toward Caesar.

I caught the soldier with the Alpha/Omega symbol on his helmet right in the beginning, but once it was revealed that they were basically a death cult (their camp had no children), their motives and the consequences made a ton of sense.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The next Apes movie is going to be super interesting, because there have been a billion postapoc movies but precious few about like, after the flood and actually building a society. What are they gonna crib from?

If they were smart, they'd ape off the Image Comics book, The Humans.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Woody seems like a cool dude, but he has a pretty intense background, his biological father was a murderer on death row and poo poo. I can't even imagine having to live with that kind of thing hanging over your family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Sir Kodiak posted:

The big reveal of the next movie will be that humans were apes all along.

In War, when Nova asks Maruice if she's an ape too, I was really hoping for a Kenobi-esque "from a certain point of view..." answer from him.

• Locked thread