Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Did anybody see this in 3D? My wife and I saw it in 2D and it was great but we suspected that some of the closeups on Caesar and maybe some others were meant to have that high depth of field that made it look like you were right there next to him like that Ben Kingsley movie from a few years ago, kinda made me regret not springing for the 3D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Ape Agitator posted:

And absolutely. He was the ray of comedy to offset the bleakness. The audience definitely needed it based on the reaction.

Same here, theater was about half full at a 3:30 pm Friday showing and everyone really responded to him, just the right amount to levity.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Sooper Gila posted:

Throughout this trilogy when given the choice between hitting the audience in the face or doing something quietly they choose the latter. I think that's another reason these films work so well as they do compared to others that have tried and failed. I can't wait to watch this again and really envy those of you who got to see a triple bill of all three in the theaters!

Oh man, I know! Throughout the trilogy these films have trusted the audience to do things like follow extended dialogues composed partly or wholly of sign language and ape vocalizations, it's pretty refreshing from a major studio franchise. In all those other movies where you go "why can't they just trust us to understand what's happening instead of beating us over the head with some subtle-as-a-brick bullshit", the Apes series preemptively goes "hey, if we give the audience a chance they'll figure it out".

• Locked thread