Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I saw this last week and I left a little frustrated and disappointed by the movie. I know some of these fall into the "it was just a movie" category of nitpicks but I had issues with them none the less:

-I was constantly confused by how many apes there was. At the start it appears to be thousands, once they are captured it appears to be hundreds, when they escape it appears to be dozens, but at the end it then appears to be hundreds again.
-Caesars actions were just plain dumb. I know these were supposed to be explained away with the "he was blinded by anger/just like Koba" lines, but I don't buy it. You're going to take over an entire compound, kill the bad guys and rescue your people by marching through the front door with a loving shotgun? If you are blinded by revenge, you need still need to take some actions that are going to allow you get revenge. That's just one example, almost everything he does in this movie is idiotic.
-Koba's apes that joined the humans makes no sense. If they are so loyal to Koba's cause that they can't join Caesar why would they do the exact opposite of Koba and join the very people who he despised?

I also disliked how little detail we got from the human perspective in this movie. It was always split fairly evenly in the previous films but we didn't get a lot in the movie. I could have done with less silent roadtrip with Nova and included a subplot with some of the humans fighting under the Colonel (perhaps the soldiers from the beginning?) instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread