Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Drunken Baker posted:

When can i pre-order for the X-Box and do I get the Savini skin?

I REALLY hope we get a Jason X skin at some point. Not even Uber-Jason, just the pig-mask Jason. I love that mask.

I don't know if you can get the backer skins anymore, but they were taking preorders for all the versions and those bonus skins through the game's official website

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

They will probably offer the Savini skin as paid DLC a few months or so down the line after the backers get a fair amount of exclusive access. That's SOP for a lot of these things in other games.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

FunkMonkey posted:

They will probably offer the Savini skin as paid DLC a few months or so down the line after the backers get a fair amount of exclusive access. That's SOP for a lot of these things in other games.

per the wiki:

quote:

He is an exclusive DLC that was only sold on the Kickstarter and Backerkit stores. He will NOT be sold again by the developers. He was available on the Backerkit store for $6.

those of us that largely ignored this game's development/didn't hear about this offer are out of luck, my dude

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Plums. I was looking for it through the XBox marketplace thing.

no harm no foul. I'll probably just be rocking the skin from 3 anyway. :murder:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Welp. Hardly something I'll be losing sleep over in any case.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

yeah it's a shame but i envision myself enjoying counselor a lot more anyway so i'm not exactly broken up about it

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Coolguye posted:

yeah it's a shame but i envision myself enjoying counselor a lot more anyway so i'm not exactly broken up about it

Can I be your Jason :allears:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the gypsy always said i'd die to a drunken chef

never knew how right she was

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Coolguye posted:

I dunno. I wouldn't really care if the skin was purely cosmetic, but the fact that it's a distinct loadout with it's own strengths and weaknesses kind of bothers me. I hate locking any kind of gameplay behind time-based exclusivity.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

The "grip strength" stat makes me smile because it makes me imagine a line of Jasons each trying one of those vintage "love test" handle squeeze machines you'd see in bars and board walks.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/857694874946162690

Sorry guys on page 5.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Coolguye posted:

i somehow think that the 'less hit points' and 'less defense' weaknesses are going to turn out being entirely toothless on jason since who the gently caress wants to step to that with anything less than a shotgun to begin with

Out of curiosity, has anyone in the beta actually tried to do something like form a counselor lynch mob and just rush Jason? I know it doesn't take much for him to kill a counselor through standard attacks, but what happens if he just gets mobbed with baseball bats?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Eh, if this game is successful they could always just make a Nightmare on Elm-street style clone.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Wanderer posted:

Out of curiosity, has anyone in the beta actually tried to do something like form a counselor lynch mob and just rush Jason? I know it doesn't take much for him to kill a counselor through standard attacks, but what happens if he just gets mobbed with baseball bats?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFs2B-QEfSA

People tried, but there were 0 confirmed Jason kills in beta.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Crabtree posted:

Eh, if this game is successful they could always just make a Nightmare on Elm-street style clone.

i'm pretty sure i told you this is what would happen when you brought this up in mumble, hahaha

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

There is supposedly a way to win via Jason kill, people think it might have something to do with his mother. Nobody's figured it out yet.

It's probably very difficult and complex to do.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Kelp Plankton posted:

There is supposedly a way to win via Jason kill, people think it might have something to do with his mother. Nobody's figured it out yet.

It's probably very difficult and complex to do.

My theory is that it actually cannot be done, and it's just something the devs threw out there to get people to do stupid horror-movie heroics and get killed.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Pre-Zombification it just took an ABSURD amount of punishment to bring the big guy down. Like, spanning 3 films worth of punishment to make it permanent. Then after that the only consistent way has to been to incapacitate him. Either via chaining him in the lake or freezing the dude.

So I can only imagine it'd be something to do with hijacking him in the water. But then the gameplay balance doesn't really work out, because as Jason you'd know when someone was trying to trap you out there. I don't know. But it's fun to speculate.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

My theory is that it actually cannot be done, and it's just something the devs threw out there to get people to do stupid horror-movie heroics and get killed.

Or this... Which in itself is brilliant.

We don't talk about toxic waste making him a baby or people eating his heart. :colbert:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Drunken Baker posted:

We don't talk about toxic waste making him a baby.

A little-known fact is that baby Jason is incredibly dangerous and can easily kill you.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
He killed my will to live. that's true.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Drunken Baker posted:

He killed my will to live. that's true.

They should have de-volved him into Crispen Glover... then begin dancing.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

it's a pity nobody bothered to record their attempts at figuring out a jason kill, i am one hundred percent positive there's some group of people that loaded up with a friendly jason that would just gently caress around and act like a punching bag while people tried to do weird things. at the absolute least it'd be interesting to see if his mom has anything fun to say when someone tries to gently caress around with the sweater, or fire off a flare in the shack in an attempt to burn it down.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Coolguye posted:

it's a pity nobody bothered to record their attempts at figuring out a jason kill, i am one hundred percent positive there's some group of people that loaded up with a friendly jason that would just gently caress around and act like a punching bag while people tried to do weird things. at the absolute least it'd be interesting to see if his mom has anything fun to say when someone tries to gently caress around with the sweater, or fire off a flare in the shack in an attempt to burn it down.

I think someone mentioned that Momma Vorhees alerts Jason when someone enters their cabin.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i'm pretty sure it's worse than that, i think it's whenever someone shows up on the shack's island; otherwise someone going for a 20 minute win could swim out there the second they hear rage unlock and cop a silent squat as far away from jason as feasibly possible, in order to give themselves the best chance of evading Sense. but as it stands, heading to the shack at all is a death wish. momma basically kicks off an alert when you screw around at the edge of the map, completely surrounded by water.

i mean that conversely implies that there's something cool there that's worth the risk if you know exactly what you're doing, because jason has no need for the area and the councilors are basically forbidden from going there. so why does it exist? maybe just as a massive troll, but maybe not.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The only info I remember about the island is that flares did nothing, but hitting the corpse momma with melee weapons or shooting it with the shotgun caused blood to spurt out like hitting a player would. No other static item in the game did that.

I don't know if things ever progressed past figuring that out.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

you have a sense of how much punishment they meted out after they found that out?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I'd believe the "final girl" has to have something to do with it.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
People think it has something to do with Pamela's sweater, as they located files within the beta which were names something likes "Pamssweateristhekeytodefeatingjason.file."

My theory will be shown to be true, it will be a massive urban legend about the game itself. People will swear they killed him, but never have video proof. There will be long, convoluted explanations and scenarios which people claim worked, but none will work for anyone else. Your friend will swear his friend said he did it - you'll try with him as a friendly Jason and somehow it won't work.

It's the Tomb Raider nude code.

You cannot kill Jason.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

But feel free to try when I'm playing him.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

good, it's been a long time since we had a good urban legend about video games

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
Honestly I'll be down for this too. Only problem is that one of Part II's weaknesses is him having "less HP". If it's true he can't be killed then Part II will be the strongest Jason since he has only two weaknesses. While I love Part II's head sack design it'll get boring only having him all the time.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Maybe it's kind of a FTT part 2 thing with the sweater

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
They've not actually defined what that means. It could just be a function of how much damage it takes to knock Jason to the ground. (which is different than stunning him, with a flaregun for example.)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

You know every player's first experience playing Jarvis is going to be them beelining for Jason, triumphuntly shooting him in the face, and immediately getting a retaliatory crump.

VVVV: oh, didn't realize. Guess it validates my point.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 28, 2017

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

FunkMonkey posted:

You know every player's first experience playing Jarvis is going to be them beelining for Jason, triumphuntly shooting him in the face, and immediately getting a retaliatory crump.

I said this on page 1, but I cannot blame you for emulating brilliance.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Coolguye posted:

Also, for what it's worth, here are all of the perks. They look uniformly uninspiring outside of Restful and Marathon: http://fridaythe13th.gamepedia.com/Perks#/search

Low Profile apparently only works while crouching which means it's functionally useless after you're spotted

Weird how the 15% sense resist costs more CP than the 50% sense resist.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Cuntellectual posted:

Weird how the 15% sense resist costs more CP than the 50% sense resist.

the 50% one only functions while crouching, which if gameplay videos are anything to go by, you generally don't want to do because you're slow enough as it is

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Coolguye posted:

i'm pretty sure i told you this is what would happen when you brought this up in mumble, hahaha

Yeah I stole it from you, what you gonna do about it?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Crabtree posted:

Yeah I stole it from you, what you gonna do about it?

I condone fighting in this thread in the strongest possible terms.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Pre-orders live on STEAM.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/438740/Friday_the_13th_The_Game/

She's already on global top sellers list, 3 hours into it. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Also, they apparently have collectible audio tapes you can get while exploring the camps. They released a couple of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S45tXCb6F9M

Whoever voices Pamela is a 4.0.

• Locked thread