Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MannStooka
Sep 18, 2003
I have absolutely no knowledge of cameras if it's not on my cell phone and I have some areas that I'm trying to cover that my cell isn't capable of doing very well (Google Pixel XL). The features I'm looking for are predominantly related to handling low light environments, a decent zoom that doesn't distort or go out of focus when doing so, and a display. Other items that would be pretty effing killer to have would be WiFi or some type of ethernet interface, and some kind of remote control that could trigger filming without actually touching the camera. I have absolutely no idea what kind of price range these options will put me into, but if there's something I could get for $500, I'd be super happy.

Not sure if there are other considerations or features that I'm not considering here, so any input from you guys would be very much appreciated. I don't need to be able to record days worth of video, I'm pretty good about keeping storage clean and moving it off to a PC. Thanks, guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MannStooka
Sep 18, 2003
Hate to bump my own thread, but I wanted to take one more shot to see if anyone had any advice/suggestions before I took a chance on my own.

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009
Wait, I'm confused. To clarify, are you looking for a security style camera to permanently mount somewhere? Or an actual camcorder/DSLR style camera you'd use on a tripod for example to film youtube videos? If its the former then there's already a Home Automation and Security Systems thread, and if it's the latter then pop over to the Dorkroom and they should be able to help out. Thought they'll probably say to look at the Panasonic G7, Sony RX10 or FDRAX33 in that case.

• Locked thread