Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

It's important to have both a public and a private position. -Gianforte, probably.

Our favorite Abuela had the same message.

talked about how she wanted to punish wall street banks but in private big ticket donor meetings promised she wouldn't do anything to injure their bottom line.

Dishonest!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Venuz Patrol posted:

more to the point, he's a tech magnate campaigning in montana....

it's pretty funny a bunch of rock-ribbed real muricans in the hinterland are literally gonna elect a coastal elite by a wide margin

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

The Muppets On PCP posted:

it's pretty funny a bunch of rock-ribbed real muricans in the hinterland are literally gonna elect a coastal elite by a wide margin

maybe not so wide

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

go quist go!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Concerned Citizen posted:

maybe not so wide

Goddamn, that enthusiastic voter column has me HYPED. Special elections have super low turnout, so enthusiasm is absolutely key.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Having a nudist trist with Quist. Literally with Rob Quist.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Douchebag tech magnates who want a political office for their resume is kind of a crowded field in Jersey.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Agnosticnixie posted:

Douchebag tech magnates who want a political office for their resume is kind of a crowded field in Jersey.
ideally there would be no room for them anywhere but whaddaya gonna do

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Agnosticnixie posted:

let's make it a potter's field

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Gianforte allegedly fired an employee for having multiple sclerosis: http://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/montana-congressional-candidate-settled-lawsuit-with-employee-who-said-he-was-fired-for-having-ms/

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
MEANWHILE, IN BUTTE MONTANA...

quote:

Wastewater bacteria gorged on grease, got out of control

The “gooey nightmare” that overwhelmed Butte-Silver Bow’s wastewater treatment plant in early April overindulged on grease, possibly bacon grease.

The brown, sponge-like foam that bloomed so badly that the plant had to shut down for six hours is “uniquely good at eating” fatty oils and grease, said Matt Moore, treatment plant operator.

Bacon grease, he added, is a significant problem for Butte’s wastewater treatment plant.

“It’s worse (here) than other cities,’’ he said.

County workers broke a “huge grease dam” around Montana Street and Josette Avenue on March 29 that had been plugging the sewer line. Once those chunks of grease made their way to the treatment plant on Centennial Avenue, the brown bacteria inside the plant engorged itself and bloomed out of control.

The foam grew so large workers opened the plant doors to let the bacteria, which looked like something out of the 1988 Hollywood horror movie "The Blob," roll out.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
A large brown foam coming out of Butte?

Where is Rick Santorum these days, anyway?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

the dapl already spilled! http://missoulian.com/news/state-an...siderail-latest

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

i voted for quist :911:

the (Gianforte) mailers i keep getting are so lmao

"Montana families can't afford government paid for health care!"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

MEANWHILE, IN BUTTE MONTANA...

one side of my family is from butte. it's famous for it's gigantic open pit mine/superfund site, known as the Berkeley Pit or also the Butte Hole

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Al! posted:

one side of my family is from butte. it's famous for it's gigantic open pit mine/superfund site, known as the Berkeley Pit or also the Butte Hole

butte is also famous for being a generally loving lovely place, and drinking a lot on st patricks day

also everyone there is gonna die way early because of the incredibly poisonous pit lmao

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Al! posted:

you can also pay $5 to see it

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

butte is also famous for being a generally loving lovely place, and drinking a lot on st patricks day

also everyone there is gonna die way early because of the incredibly poisonous pit lmao

butte owns, and it has the wopchop which is the best racist sandwich ever

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkeley_Pit#Environmental_effects pro clicks right here

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
butte has no open container laws, the bars will serve you beers in "to-go cups" and you can just drink them as you walk to your next bar

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

you can also pay $5 to see it

is the cancer complimentary, or do you have to pay extra?

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

butte has no open container laws, the bars will serve you beers in "to-go cups."

butte would be unbearable if this were not the case however

okay last thing from wikipediaing the butte hole

quote:

A protozoan species—Euglena mutabilis—was found to reside in the pit by Andrea A. Stierle, and Donald B. Stierle, and they have been found to have adapted to the harsh conditions of the "water".[1]

"water"

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

"goose-eating acid bath"

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
montana cities, ranked:

1. bozeman
2. missoula
3. butte
4. helena
5. billings
6. kalispell
7. great falls

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Venuz Patrol posted:

"goose-eating acid bath"

that must be where all the nutritious proteins and stuff for the protozoa to grow come from

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

the butte porkchop sandwiches a A Really Big Deal in my fam

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
robbie knievel should jump the berkeley pit

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Al! posted:

the butte porkchop sandwiches a A Really Big Deal in my fam

porkchop sandwich thing is real strange to me

i mean they taste good, but they seem really wtf

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

there's a place in montgomery, alabama called "Dago Deli"

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
'forte is a MESS
'forte is a WASTE

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

The Muppets On PCP posted:

for the second time lol

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

'forte is a MESS
'forte is a WASTE

While his numbers have declined in recent years, I would hesitate to declare Matt Forte a "mess". His 2016 performance is the result of the Jets being a mess and a waste than Matt Forte personally.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
cool, finally got a quist fundraising email that isnt lovely, soul-crushing spam

Our Revolution posted:

Rob Quist and his grassroots team of supporters in Montana are working harder than ever to win Montana's special election to Congress. Coming from a rural state like I do, Rob is raising issues that resonate with people in a way that the Beltway establishment just hasn't figured out. We know that we can surprise the pundit class and push Rob over the top on May 25th, but he's going to need our support.

On every major issue, Rob Quist is leading the way for Montana. He is a devoted supporter of Medicare for All, Planned Parenthood, raising the minimum wage to a living wage, and equal pay for equal work. He also wants to get big money out of politics by overturning Citizens United. I intend to be campaigning with Rob next weekend all over Montana. Together, we can give Rob an enormous boost in the final stretch of his campaign and send a message to Washington that progressives across the country are doing more than just mounting challenges -- they're running to win.

This is especially important in Montana, where President Trump's executive order to review the status of our national parks puts natural treasures like Glacier and Yellowstone in the crosshairs of Wall Street and the fossil fuel industry. Rob believes, like I do, that public lands should be passed down to the next generation, not sold off to the highest bidder. After the incredible turnout at the People's Climate March, it's clear that the American people are on Rob's side.

Rob spent the last year campaigning with us during our campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination. It's time we returned the favor.

It's in moments like these that we need to rally to the cause and advance our progressive agenda. A victory in Montana would not just be a step forward for that beautiful state, it will be a step forward for progressive politics all across the country. That's why I'm adding my voice to this fight -- I hope you will add yours too.

In solidarity,

Bernie Sanders

yep, thats berno

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
nude tayne

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

nra keeps trying to call me to vote for giantforte

eat my assholeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
turnout is absurdly high thus far, like on pace with last year

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

nra keeps trying to call me to vote for giantforte

eat my assholeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
quist supports the second amendment as well, but the nra has transitioned seamlessly from "resisting a tyrannical president" to "encouraging people to become a paramilitary force for a tyrannical president"

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbvSz1hJsQA

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
Good news! Rob Quist apparently has genital herpes! But actually!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Good news! Rob Quist apparently has genital herpes! But actually!
u no he fukks

• Locked thread