Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Rob Quist > Lundqvist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

at least the DCCC gives some semblance of a poo poo about this race

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i'd rather have the vote goatse, which is just a poster of goatse with "Vote Rob Quist" where the red hole is

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

that's 200 large more than thompson got. still time to go although i doubt they'll give much more

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i learned that gianforte is carpetbagging scum from new jersey, he should go back there because he can do less damage

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Agnosticnixie posted:

Douchebag tech magnates who want a political office for their resume is kind of a crowded field in Jersey.
ideally there would be no room for them anywhere but whaddaya gonna do

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Concerned Citizen posted:

butte owns, and it has the wopchop which is the best racist sandwich ever
there's a place in montgomery, alabama called "Dago Deli"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

nra keeps trying to call me to vote for giantforte

eat my assholeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
quist supports the second amendment as well, but the nra has transitioned seamlessly from "resisting a tyrannical president" to "encouraging people to become a paramilitary force for a tyrannical president"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

rob quist may be a folk singer, but he lives the rock n roll lifestyle

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Jose posted:

were the democrats not just running adverts "this is rob quist, you know his music and you know he's from montana and wants the best for you. Greg Gianforte is from the coast and has no idea how you live"
the DCCC actually put some money into the race, but as i'm not in montana, i have no idea what they've used it for

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i heard that moose drool is a good beer, true/false

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

who new jersey scumbags like gianforte think they are

who new jersey scumbags like gianforte actually are

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

call me the dccc because i have given up

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

He's going to lose by around 7 points. Last race for this seat was a 15 point loss. Clinton lost by 30.

So he beats the spread by ~8, which is slightly better than the generic congressional ballot results.
who gives a poo poo? being close is for horseshoes and hand grenades, and nothing else

i realize that state-level races aren't congressional races, but here in New York, there was a special election held in a part of Long Island that went big for Trump and has never been held by a Democrat. two days ago the Dem who ran- backed by labor and unions, a Bernie delegate, and a 25-year veteran public school teacher- not only won, but won by 15 points. she got help and funding from the Working Families Party, who were the entire reason she was the Dem's candidate to begin with

honestly, i don't think more funding or volunteering for quist would have pushed him over the top. people don't show up for special elections and especially not in "safe" districts. but as wayne gretzky once said (or was purported to have once said), you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. who knows, if you shoot, you might just score. so some more interest would have sent a better message than "we don't care" even in a loss

Condiv posted:

so at what point do we get to start roughing up politicians since they can attack any of us without consequence?
the rules don't apply to you only if you're a right-winger. it's true everywhere in the world but especially here

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

quist was a good candidate, but even if he got more help from the DCCC he probably wouldn't have won (though they should have given more money anyway). recent state-level elections have gone better- two trump districts (one in NY, one in NH) both went to Democrats. can't vouch for the NH candidate but the NY candidate was a public school teacher, union activist, and Bernie delegate

edit: let's not act like this is the only time someone has won in congress after intimidating someone in the media. remember this guy?

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 03:52 on May 28, 2017

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Concerned Citizen posted:

quist has an absurd amount of baggage and wasn't properly vetted. all 3 of the frontrunners for the dem nomination were bernie supporters (mccarthy, quist, and curtis). curtis would have been a disaster but mccarthy was far more viable and wouldn't have had ads run against him for stiffing contractors or dodging his taxes
shame that i only learned about other candidates and most of quist's baggage post-election. got any sites detailing curtis and mccarthy?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

new jersey carpetbaggers are 2 for 2 in prominent western state elections, the other one being the guy who beat Joe Arpaio (himself from Queens, NY) for maricopa sheriff

also NY/NJ people have ruined north carolina

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

etalian posted:

Cary= Center Area of Recently Relocated Yankees
virginia foxx was born in the Bronx and she's the wicked witch of the west(ern North Carolina)

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 05:53 on May 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

VitalSigns posted:

The locals are still dumb enough to vote for them tho
that's because "conservative values" are infinitely more transferable from one state to another than values from the other side. i posted about gianforte's origins on a friend's fb status about the election before it happened, and someone who used to be from montana said as much about his home state. same goes with any "red" state, i suppose

• Locked thread