Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://www.amazon.com/Shattered-Inside-Hillary-Clintons-Campaign/dp/0553447084?tag=nypost-20

Tells such cool things as how she was apologizing to Obama for the loss, and how Obama was telling her to give up and concede.

lol

Here's an article on it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...m=.035bb4f45c6c

*Edit* Here are links to posts from those reading it:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3817528&pagenumber=17&perpage=40#post471533398

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3817528&pagenumber=23&perpage=40#post471544071

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3817528&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=5#post471493851

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3817528&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=13#post471508179

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3817528&pagenumber=26&perpage=40#post471550237

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3817528&pagenumber=33#post471571077

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3817528&perpage=40&pagenumber=34#post471577434

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3817528&perpage=40&pagenumber=35#post471587096

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Apr 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
Does she talk about her weird feet or how she dresses like a YAN villain

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
oh boy a book written in a desperate attempt to convince the last bastion of hillary supporters that the dogshit retarded propaganda machine isn't

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

nigga crab pollock posted:

oh boy a book written in a desperate attempt to convince the last bastion of hillary supporters that the dogshit retarded propaganda machine isn't

Actually..(insert something about russians hacking here)

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
*in extremely seinfeld voice* whats the deal?? with fake news

first the russians hack the elections, and that was fake

then the pizza shop was the fake news??? hillary??

WHATS the DEAL?

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
99% chance noone buys this book but this thread goes for 20+ pages.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
they should remake Downfall only its Hillary in her campaign HQ on election night

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Dave_Indeed posted:

99% chance noone buys this book but this thread goes for 20+ pages.

Well, I'll get it just because I want the deets on Bill Clinton exploding in rage on election night.

The loser was so excited to get back in the white house.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

spacetoaster posted:

Well, I'll get it just because I want the deets on Bill Clinton exploding in rage on election night.

The best part is he was raging because he knew how to win, but her advisors were all like

quote:

He thinks the old-style politics of Bill Clinton are relics of a bygone time.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So how many times I wonder in the book does she blame losing on being a woman, and not being an obnoxious rear end in a top hat?

spacetoaster posted:

Tells such cool things as how she was apologizing to Obama for the loss, and how Obama was telling her to give up and concede.

"For the love of God you should have never been running in the first place. Stop beating a dead horse and mercy kill this poo poo."

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Apr 18, 2017

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
if clinton got into the white house it would necessitate multiple people working full time to make sure bill didn't get into another sex scandal

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
imo this is the book equivalent of going "FIRST" in youtube comments

need at least a year for things to settle down and get all the facts, apparently the book glosses over a lot of the lovely things that happened in Hillary's campaign, and barely mentions Trump

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
The thing I can't square is why was Obama telling her to not go after a recount if he knew the Russians meddled in the election, that makes no sense. Seems like a slam dunk case for a recount if I ever heard one.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

Blue balls.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

The best part is he was raging because he knew how to win, but her advisors were all like

Apparently Mook (the guy with all the wiz bang tech ideas) gets raked over the coals.

CharlestonJew posted:

barely mentions Trump

Why would a book about Hillary's campaign also be all about Trump?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

spacetoaster posted:

lol

Which time lol

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

If I Blew It

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

VikingSkull posted:

The thing I can't square is why was Obama telling her to not go after a recount if he knew the Russians meddled in the election, that makes no sense. Seems like a slam dunk case for a recount if I ever heard one.

because they didn't :ssh:

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
inside scoop on book cover details:

It Was My Turn!

*picture of giant baby crying and making GBS threads itself, laughing trump and nuclear blast in the background*

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
Chapter 9: Sanders
"Sanders was gonna win so I called my boys at the DNC and they put me in instead. LOL! Whoops!"

OregonDonor
Mar 12, 2010
HRC, what a jabroni

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
does it say how long did it take for her reptoid genes to repair her body after the loss?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

spacetoaster posted:

well he was kind of the reason she lost, and why this book was made in the first place. pretty sure the book wouldn't have been called "Shattered" if she was running against Jeb! or whoever

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

if clinton got into the white house it would necessitate multiple people working full time to make sure bill didn't get into another sex scandal

Where are these people for Trump

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

I really don't think the book is going to be that favorable to hillary.

CharlestonJew posted:

well he was kind of the reason she lost, and why this book was made in the first place. pretty sure the book wouldn't have been called "Shattered" if she was running against Jeb! or whoever

I think it more about how she constantly hosed up in each and every way.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Money money money money money money

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Windows 98 posted:

trump grabbing interns by the pussy is what his supporters voted for. it would boost his approval rating 10% overnight

eugh that withered old man probably whispered in one of their ears "you know we're gonna have an affair right?" on day 1. loving gross

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

rezatahs posted:

because they didn't :ssh:

Also, does it talk about the guy who yelled "PePe!" at one of her rallies? That was a turning point in this election for me.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

BexGu posted:

I really don't think the book is going to be that favorable to hillary.

its going to be damage control

Windows 98 posted:

he grabbed them by the pussy

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

spacetoaster posted:

Well, that's all her campaign was about. I mean yeah, Trump is awful, but Hillary didn't really give us any big selling points for her. Other than she isn't Trump. And has been doing this forever so she "deserves" it. And it would be nice to have a lady president, I guess. And that she would uphold the status quo and everything was going great in America already (it's not.)

Also throwing Bernie Sanders under the bus really didn't help her campaign. I know many voters who aren't terribly pleased about that! Myself included.

Hillary Clinton will go down in history as the person who lost to Donald Trump, possibly the biggest imbecile ever to grace the white house, and she was a major player in the demise of the Democratic party. In medieval Japan and ancient Rome, when you hosed up that badly, you would typically go for an honorable suicide than live in disgrace. So what I'm saying is that the Clintons should all probably commit seppuku.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
hillary clintons loss was so profound it left a mark on the public consciousness

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
It was Her Turn.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
you can only get so far on looks

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
she had the look but not the juche

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That's pretty quick. Did she start writing it before the election? :tinfoil:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Orkin Mang posted:

you can only get so far on looks

savage

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

its going to be damage control

Yep. It's going to be an "in her own words" rehashing of the whole thing from a hardcore supporter's perspective, just more spin with a lot of self-aggrandizing self-deprecation (if that makes any sense). Basic current events political memoir, not a big surprise.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
alright here's the real question

what's the oldest hillary clinton you would have sex with

just a bit of locker room talk

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
I gotta say... in this weird way, my liberal friends and I always seemed to fall back into this conversation about how/why Hillary lost. This was for a couple months after the election, and then flared up a bit with the inauguration. It is just such a tantalizing topic.

Of course my roommates GF is feminist as gently caress so I could never devolve the conversation to the "hillarys a center right reptilian bitch" level that I wanted.

and she really was illustrative of how millennials love to take the poo poo they learn at college -- scratch that, writer papers about in college -- and act like history/rhetoric/academia only started their freshman year.

yeah its your favorite feminist author who proved in 1972 why hillary wouldnt win, nothing to do with the political background that developed while you were bordering on gothic in middle school

20 Blunts fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Apr 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
her cheekbones look like swollen knees and not for a generation has the continent seen a more remorseless killer of men

• Locked thread