Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

it's not written by hilldawg you dum dums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

leaks are good, whistleblowers are good. idgaf what their origin or motivations are and that shouldn't matter so long as they are providing accurate, verifiable information about wrongdoings. let the russians air any of our dirty laundry they find all they want.

People can't loving handle the truth.

Again, look at how people lose their poo poo when a zoo euthanizes a 80 year old giraffe.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

fruit on the bottom posted:

Lol there's no loving way $20 minimum wage was going to happen. $15 is barely happening in TYOOL 2017 for fucks sake.

It's gonna own when they get a federal 15 dollar minimum wage and the republicans win for 30 years straight because it absolutely loving crushes the heartland and the south because they can't afford that poo poo.

"What do you mean San Francisco and Birmingham aren't really the same? I thought we're all the same!"

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Famethrowa posted:

it's not written by hilldawg you dum dums

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

People are unrepentant poo poo, only fit to wallow in the filth of their masses.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The real shame is that coming down on illegal immigration probably was the right move, but not because there's anything wrong with the immigrants.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

down n out posted:

Why write a book when this gif is more succinct:

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Pick posted:

The real shame is that coming down on illegal immigration probably was the right move, but not because there's anything wrong with the immigrants.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.9af4bbb6047f

Not that anyone needed to write an article about it. Those of us in the trenches already knew.

(the racist idiot trenches)

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

NomChompsky posted:

Not that anyone needed to write an article about it. Those of us in the trenches already knew.

I swear to god no one actually bothered to read that article, it does not remotely demonstrate what the URL implies it does

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

NomChompsky posted:

I mean that people were leveraging the easy availability of unprotected labor classes. That's not the fault of the immigrants whatsoever, but their existence was making this kind of abuse possible.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

NomChompsky posted:

being anti-immigrant isnt the same as racism.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

big nipples big life posted:

Trump is just proof that the republicans could have run literally anyone and beat hillary, just like the democrats could have run literally anyone but hillary and beaten trump. I don't think there has ever been a worse candidate in history than hillary clinton.

There is some immensely satisfying schadenfreude that every single thing Hillary did in the past 20+ years was preparation for making herself president and she still not only lost but lost to loving Trump of all people. People can blame the Russians or Sanders or Comey or racists or Obama (lol) but at the end of the day if you're that big of a loving loser you have no one to blame but yourself.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Gobblecoque posted:

There is some immensely satisfying schadenfreude that every single thing Hillary did in the past 20+ years was preparation for making herself president and she still not only lost but lost to loving Trump of all people. People can blame the Russians or Sanders or Comey or racists or Obama (lol) but at the end of the day if you're that big of a loving loser you have no one to blame but yourself.

I mean it was pretty sexist for an old white man to suggest that the same neoliberal ideas Bill Clinton ran on in 1992 are somehow less compelling when espoused by a white woman in 2016.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Rutibex posted:

being anti-immigrant isnt the same as racism.

except for all the times when it is.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Gobblecoque posted:

https://twitter.com/Variety_Claudia/status/854075323314429952

chelsey will avenger her, that's the only reason i can think of that anyone would be reporting her some much lately

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

If that woman has half a brain she won't want to get involved in the dumpster fire that is presidential election. I imagine her life is prolly already pretty drat rad.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
All a $15 or $20 minimum wage would do is cause mammoth inflation.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

Mnoba posted:

chelsey will avenger her, that's the only reason i can think of that anyone would be reporting her some much lately

Jesus Christ what's wrong with her face

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Unless you live in the PNW where inflation got there first.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

bonerjam posted:

Good, I have a lot of debt, and inflation would nicely erode that down.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Mnoba posted:

:stonk:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Or did you literally mean it would inflate extinct prehistoric elephants? Because yes please

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

bonerjam posted:

Jesus Christ what's wrong with her face

Its like a human version of that one Muppet

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Pick posted:

"Everything is great now!" tells Obama to country where almost every single young person is underemployed, the average American is living paycheck-to-paycheck and has less than $400 in savings, and towns in the rust belt haven't seen job creation since the 80s.
I prospered greatly during the Obama administration, I'd say sucks to be you but that's hardly news

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
If you care about illegal immigration, do you also care that the USA birth rate is 1.88 instead of like 1.82 or whatever? If not, you are in fact a racist.

Also making fun of Chelsea Clinton's physical appearance makes me think we are in fact trapped eternally in 1993.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

bonerjam posted:

Incorrect

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

LGD posted:

I swear to god no one actually bothered to read that article, it does not remotely demonstrate what the URL implies it does

This applies to very Washington Post article.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

boy howdy she really sucked as a candidate

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Probably true if you had it take effect immediately, but no one does that.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

when hillary clinton collapsed last year the washington post ran a story on how she was probably poisoned by putin. that's how you know the washington post is a good newspaper

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
Hillary's like Cersei without the hot brother

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Pick posted:

Obama's the one who hosed it up, by being a lovely president.

Pick posted:

Obama ran on "hope" and "change" expecting to deliver neither, and delivering neither. He had no idea how anything worked. He was the pinnacle of the tech-bro era mindset, where it's about manipulating optics and not realizing that only works for so long. If he'd instituted or even pushed for a $20 minimum wage, Hillary would be president.

Was Obama part of the DNC plan to not support any new candidates on a state level to ensure that nobody would threaten abuelas candidacy thus loving over the majority of state level governments?

Obama was remarkably disappointing and his legacy will be that of a blood dripping flaccid penis.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Not sure why they chose an unflattering photo of her but okay

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mnoba posted:

lol, Chelsey is besties with Trump's daughter.

She's probably further right than Hillary.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

fruit on the bottom posted:

Lol there's no loving way $20 minimum wage was going to happen. $15 is barely happening in TYOOL 2017 for fucks sake.

so many things were possibly in 2008. it was the opportunity to rebuild things in ways that actually worked, to be radical and fix issues that could not be dealt with in normal times. if there was just a little bit of vision or will

instead Obama half-assed a reconstruction of everything that had just failed but with a different set of trim

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Uncle Wemus posted:

Was Obama part of the DNC plan to not support any new candidates on a state level to ensure that nobody would threaten abuelas candidacy thus loving over the majority of state level governments?

Obama was remarkably disappointing and his legacy will be that of a blood dripping flaccid penis.

Obamas legacy was burying the DNC for the foreseeable future.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Imagine what it must be like, you're a professional photographer and you get a call from that one newspaper you worked for a bit 2 years ago. They want you to take pictures of some "empowered woman" or some bullshit like that for a cover, it pays well and it's something to add to your portfolio, literally no reason to complain. The only criteria is "make it flattering" but making people look good is basically 50% lighting and 50% photoshop, this is literally going to take you one afternoon, easy money.

[...]

6 days later, you're but a shrivelled husk of a man. A reptilian henchman (henchreptile?) is holding a gun to your temple and keeps repeating "take another picture, but make her appealing thissssss time" and no matter how hard you try to explain the reptilian princess from Nibiru 7 how to smile like a human it doesn't work. You tell her to just think of what it feels like to feed on the blood of the innocents and you take the shot. It will do, it has to do...

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Doesn't this stupid birch have enough money yet?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

whoflungpoop posted:

Hillary's like Cersei without the hot brother

Without the hot anything.

• Locked thread