Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

LGD posted:

I swear to god no one actually bothered to read that article, it does not remotely demonstrate what the URL implies it does

I wonder if this is a "headline not written by writer" thing, because yeah the substance is not what I expected going in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Watch the debates that professors at NYU staged where actors did a gender-swapped reproduction of the Trump v Clinton debates and tell me that you wouldn't vote for Lady Trump over the featureless husk of Dude Clinton. She was utter garbage in every respect and I've typed more words about her than she merits at this point so I'll stop now.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Watch the debates that professors at NYU staged where actors did a gender-swapped reproduction of the Trump v Clinton debates and tell me that you wouldn't vote for Lady Trump over the featureless husk of Dude Clinton. She was utter garbage in every respect and I've typed more words about her than she merits at this point so I'll stop now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yC7-JsR2Fk

It's amazing.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

SickZip posted:

so many things were possibly in 2008. it was the opportunity to rebuild things in ways that actually worked, to be radical and fix issues that could not be dealt with in normal times. if there was just a little bit of vision or will

instead Obama half-assed a reconstruction of everything that had just failed but with a different set of trim

The ghosts of Joe Lieberman and his Blue Dog Bandits were still haunting Congress at that time so probably not.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

:trumppop:

Holy cow.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I laughed pretty hard when that lady was doing all the same hand gestures.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Co-signed, that NYU thing is fascinating. Lady Trump is compelling and sort of charming. Man Clinton is gray and hazy.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
lol why is the audio CD worth twice as much as the hardcover book

EDIT: AND THE USED ONES COST MORE THAN THE NEW APPARENTLY?

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
Obama deserved a way better nation of people to lead

Like imagine wasting an elite tier personal trainer on people who bought a gym membership for new years and stopped showing up in Feb

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Listening to the audible version and some of this stuff is very lol.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

whoflungpoop posted:

Like imagine wasting an elite tier personal trainer on people who bought a gym membership for new years and stopped showing up in Feb

If you think about it, those innocent people he killed with bombs really weren't so innocent after all....

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

whoflungpoop posted:

lol you're still falling for the slick presentation. dude was poo poo but he smiled nice and said words good

that lame analogy reminds me of the video russian intel leaked of obama half assing his way through a cosmo lifting routine. weak bitch in multiple ways

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

spacetoaster posted:

If you think about it, those innocent people he killed with bombs really weren't so innocent after all....

I smell weakness in you

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

whoflungpoop posted:

I smell weakness in you

that or vape juice. is that Lava Flow, by the way? love that stuff.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

porfiria posted:

Also making fun of Chelsea Clinton's physical appearance makes me think we are in fact trapped eternally in 1993.

The difference being it's not 1993 and she's now angling to be a public figure

unless you think it's wrong to also make fun of Trump's weird appearance, in that case carry on

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

rezatahs posted:

lol you're still falling for the slick presentation. dude was poo poo but he smiled nice and said words good
He didnt give you the pony you totally heard him tell you was in the mail and now you are bitter with daddy issues and will likely turn to stripping

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
stripping is a noble profession :greenangel:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

leaks are good, whistleblowers are good. idgaf what their origin or motivations are and that shouldn't matter so long as they are providing accurate, verifiable information about wrongdoings. let the russians air any of our dirty laundry they find all they want.

This, at least, was one issue that Missus Clinton was consistent on. She despises whistleblowers and has hated Wikileaks since the Arab Spring. I guess the CIA kisses her rear end so much because they're on the same page about people like Snowden. That, and they want to continue to work within the continental US (which is illegal).

I watched with hearty laughter as our very own forums started parroting the lines about Putin rigging the election. Seriously, how dumb are people that the words "unsecured server" are ignored completely in favor of some Tom Clancy-esque conspiracy garbage.

Mnoba posted:

https://twitter.com/Variety_Claudia/status/854075323314429952

chelsey will avenger her, that's the only reason i can think of that anyone would be reporting her some much lately

Chelsea Clinton has never looked cool and she's going to be even less popular if she loving tries it.
Let's watch her closely. Maybe she'll become a CEO for a major company. Maybe she'll play bass part time in a band, while working for charities. She has years yet to impress us and prove that she was not hatched from a clutch of eggs in a basement in Arkansas.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

whoflungpoop posted:

He didnt give you the pony you totally heard him tell you was in the mail and now you are bitter with daddy issues and will likely turn to stripping

':/

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
reminder that not a shred of evidence about direct Russian interference has ever been produced

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

VikingSkull posted:

reminder that not a shred of evidence about direct Russian interference has ever been produced

The CIA said they did, tho? Those guys know a lot, dude. They even started the Vietnam war and told everyone they didn't for like forty years.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

phasmid posted:

The CIA said they did, tho? Those guys know a lot, dude. They even started the Vietnam war and told everyone they didn't for like forty years.

Hey if any group is an expert at rigging elections, it's the CIA

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Not this time :smugdon:

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

rezatahs posted:

stripping is a noble profession :greenangel:
Also my analogy was perfect bc Obama continually emphasized from the beginning "ok this part was fun but it was the easy part, everyone has to stay politically active and keep at it" and the left said "sure dad :jerkbag:" and spent 8 years doing nothing but growing resentful between labored trips to the mailbox to check if their better life came in yet

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

The Landstander posted:

I wonder if this is a "headline not written by writer" thing, because yeah the substance is not what I expected going in.

yeah but the author's conclusion is dumb too. "Racial attitudes made a bigger difference in electing Trump than authoritarianism." all the data shows is that in terms of people who voted for either candidate, the biggest difference was that Hillary voters were less likely to hold symbolically racist views. that doesn't actually explain what led to Trump winning, since what actually defined that was who DIDN'T vote. if Hillary had anywhere close to Obama '12 numbers, she would have won.

the data also shows that Trump voters were just as racist as (actually slightly less racist than) Romney voters. the big difference in terms of the racism stats was between people who voted for Obama in 2012 and people who voted for Hillary in 2016. so I guess the white woman just hemorrhaged votes from the hardcore racist bloc that voted for a black man two times in a row?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

whoflungpoop posted:

Also my analogy was perfect bc Obama continually emphasized from the beginning "ok this part was fun but it was the easy part, everyone has to stay politically active and keep at it" and the left said "sure dad :jerkbag:" and spent 8 years doing nothing but growing resentful between labored trips to the mailbox to check if their better life came in yet

Nah, he bad

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Im not denying that this is what losers believe

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Guys I don't think this book is going to be that favorable looking to Hillary

quote:

It was a quandary that would plague her throughout the campaign. After nearly a year on the campaign trail, and hundreds of stops at diners, coffee shops, and high school gymnasiums and just as many roundtables with young professionals and millworkers, Hillary still couldn’t figure out why Americans were so angry or how she could bring the country together. She had tried to learn the lessons of 2008 and had built a campaign that was different, if too similar in some respects, this time around. But fundamental changes in the electorate eluded her grasp. She couldn’t find ways to connect with portions of the primary electorate that were driven to Sanders because he represented an all-out assault on the establishment thinking at the core of her being.

quote:

Despite advice from her campaign staff urging her not to make unscreened Snapchats, she nonetheless released the now notorious "just chilling in Cedar Rapids" video after storming out and disappearing from a campaign meeting in Iowa. She was found passed out by a pair of secret service agents hours later, apparently having suffering a fainting spell at the waterfront.

The whole book is suppose to be like this.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Mnoba posted:

https://twitter.com/Variety_Claudia/status/854075323314429952

chelsey will avenger her, that's the only reason i can think of that anyone would be reporting her some much lately

she's definitely already got her 70 year old mother's creepy false joy look down at only 35 or something

i kind of want to live long enough to vote against her, hopefully that's what the magazine was going for

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

BexGu posted:

It's charitable to Hillary, as much as someone rolling in that circle tends to be, but it's also very negative about what she does and how she thinks, especially about the campaign itself.

The big reveal to me is how bad Bill Clinton comes off in it, because rather than the voice of reason, he just ends up being an echo chamber for Hillary's worst aspects.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
lol remember when a bunch of hubris-drunk goons toxxed for Hillary Rodham Clinton, lost, and then a mod tried to help them weasel out of it :laffo:

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Homestar Runner posted:

lol remember when a bunch of hubris-drunk goons toxxed for Hillary Rodham Clinton, lost, and then a mod tried to help them weasel out of it :laffo:

That mod was a piece of poo poo, they instantly banned all Bernie Toxxers when he lost and a week before the election said they would upgrade Trump bans to permabans unless they grovelled to the forums.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Homestar Runner posted:

Lol. I do.
I do remember this.

Heh.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Homestar Runner posted:

lol @ the suicide hotline

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

BexGu posted:

ok i wanna read this now

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Homestar Runner posted:

I dont have the link or page #s to the election night part of their thread

someone should post it and everyone should, as hillary might say, "peep" it

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Homestar Runner posted:

That made me furious irl. Normally I don't give a gently caress about forums drama but jesus

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

gary oldmans diary posted:

Chapter 9: Sanders
"Sanders was gonna win so I called my boys at the DNC and they put me in instead. LOL! Whoops!"

The 2016 Elections in a single sentence.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gammatron 64 posted:

Well, that's all her campaign was about. I mean yeah, Trump is awful, but Hillary didn't really give us any big selling points for her. Other than she isn't Trump. And has been doing this forever so she "deserves" it. And it would be nice to have a lady president, I guess. And that she would uphold the status quo and everything was going great in America already (it's not.)

Yep. I get so sick of people who try to make it about her gender which is ironic because she'd probably be far more unlikable as a dude. I mean her little smug "I know what's best for you all" smug looks somehow would be smuggier on a guy.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Also throwing Bernie Sanders under the bus really didn't help her campaign. I know many voters who aren't terribly pleased about that! Myself included.

Yep. That lost them the election, maybe other places too. That tiny % that said "You know what, burn in hell DNC" was all that many, many states needed to flip Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

lovely Wizard posted:

That mod was a piece of poo poo, they instantly banned all Bernie Toxxers when he lost and a week before the election said they would upgrade Trump bans to permabans unless they grovelled to the forums.

Didn't that mod claim he did that because he didn't want goons to commit suicide?

• Locked thread