Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
"I ran a robot campaign based on metrics with no emotion, cheated a more popular candidate out of the nomination, cheated against the other candidate in the debates, and promised to wholeheartedly embrace the corporate dystopia that threatens to ruin our civilization. Then I lost."

Must be misogyny!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Ken Bone was an idiot who asked a really stupid question.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

he makes them look like fools because he's basically the town drunk and still manifestly more capable at political maneuvering than the inbred fawning beltway courtier class who's been running things

:eyepop:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
In the 90's a hip phrase was "no fate but what we make".

Now it's more like "no facts but what we make up".

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Before the last election I barely knew of the Pepe meme and in fact thought it was a video game and/or Pokemon thing because of the "ultra rare" moniker.

Then some idiots in politics said the frog was racist it became very funny.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

new phone who dis posted:

Bernie would have won and the people who ratfucked him and their supporters are responsible for Trump.

When you think about it Hillary is the real culprit responsible for Trump's election.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
gently caress the Lesser Evil theory of voting and gently caress anyone who expects me to vote based on it.

e: lol, fortuitous timing. This post was made without knowledge of the one above it.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 26, 2017

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Toadvine posted:

I shudder to think how many young potential leaders within the party have been quashed over the years to ensure a smooth induction for Clinton.

I just read a book about the Emperor Augustus (of Rome, obv). He did the same poo poo, he ruthlessly promoted his own chosen heirs while quashing the careers of individuals who were promising for the state, but not of the chosen clan.

Except Augusts was a talented and inspiring leader who launched a new era of prosperity and stability for the Roman Empire, whereas for Hillary the best case would be that she manages our decline such that we collapse slowly.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 26, 2017

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dmitri-9 posted:

Augustus hosed up too, look at the emperors between him and Nerva.

Yeah him setting up heirs was no so good. But more importantly he changed the Roman senate and the administration of the empire such that state was strong enough and competent enough that it could stay solvent and effective even with a poor leader at the top.

Compare that to our senate lol.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
What that you say? Why does this bale of marijuana, an incredibly light substance, weigh in at 20x the expected amount when it goes through customs?

No reason.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Murder is a big no-no in human communities. Humans are known as "not murderers" for a reason. Anyone who murdered without cause would be ostracized from the community.

Obviously there has never been a murder.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Not their turn yet, I guess.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

bonerjam posted:

they are incapable of acting rationally and i don't like the idea of a woman telling me what to do.

Mods instead of banning this guy just train him to the Femdom thread, tia.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Or order him to post in it every day. But the order has to come from Tropo.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Blue Train posted:

Hillary? She's bad.

Bernie? He would have won.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Rasta_Al posted:

Hillary, youll never sustain a sicker burn than the insane + brutal carpet-borne friction from backpedalling after the worm turned on your fucker moron idpol altriusm. your legs flailed in ever gayer circles fred flintstone style as you raced from the tv to the situation room to let people know that your disappointment in their failed campaign duties plus the time and money you spent trying to appease ersatz retard leftist morons were all a waste of your incredible 30+ year political career. you cannot save face or be even remotely not a cuck.

:eyepop:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I would have won if LEAKERS didn't tell everyone I was a huge rear end in a top hat!!!

*Loses to a guy everyone already knows is a huge rear end in a top hat anyway*

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Sebastien Lenorman posted:

I told you man, its the new counterculture. Same sex marrage and trans acceptance and poo poo has broken civilization. Just in time for global warming.

"I just can't live in this brave new world where men are kissing on other men! I embrace the abyss!"

- Children, apparently.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

etalian posted:

It still makes me lol how she had hundreds of employees working for months just on the messaging for why she wanted to for president.

Still couldn't come up with an answer either.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Obama's sick burns directly propelled one egomaniac to the presidency, while permanently locking out another from that same office.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Streak posted:

Single payer health care is great. It's really too bad that Americans are too stupid to figure it out, though.

We're ok if the not the "absolute best health care made by anyone ever, in all timelines".

We just don't like "choose between bankruptcy and health" anymore.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

SickZip posted:

every so often I think about how Trump smashed multiple American dynasties, and humiliated the greatest political machine of the world's most powerful empire, because he was made fun of at a dinner party and I give a slightly awed LOL

I was going to use the expression "that's some Count Of Monte Cristo" poo poo then I realized he had one-upped that several times for a fraction of the reason. His feat of single-minded petty revenge surpasses all others in history or fiction, it literally could not even be imagined before he did it

Of our two candidates for President neither really wanted the office. One was running for it "just because" or out of a generic desire for power/status, and the other because his incredible vanity couldn't suffer a dinner joke at his expense. The latter of the two claimed victory.

lol

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

bonerjam posted:

bernie would have won but tbh i'm kinda glad he wasn't ever called up to The Show.

i'm really glad hillary lost and trump seems okay? but bernie i don't think ever in his life possessed any masculinity or testicles, ergo, he would have been unfit to be president.

plus i make like no money and i'm already getting pickpocketed by goddamned obamacare and every other loving thing so gently caress that poo poo.

- An American

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

bonerjam posted:

my life is pretty great actually and i am happy like 90% of the time.

it's just that i work in a loving factory full of idiot rednecks and cant get high like a normal goddamned adult, so i have to drink tax-paid liquor and also get hosed on some gay health plan i have to pay a small amount for but will never use because doctors don't know a goddamned thing about anything and dentists know even less.

so i'm subsidizing those people slate and npr love about the whole "i have a rare kidney condition and without obamacare i'd be dead". a bloo bloo bloo. buck up you defective faggots i'm in perfect health and ready to die. be an adult and stop crying and looking for a handout or admit you are broken people and scientifically as a people we are better off without your defective genes polluting the soup.

- An American, unironically

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Accretionist posted:

"If you don't like her, don't vote for her"

lol

"Ok"

- America, 2016.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

really queer Christmas posted:

America actually loved Hillary which is why she won the popular vote.

Checkmate bernietards :smug:

Delusional Candidate Proud of Earning Popular Vote in Record-Low Turnout Election.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Like being proud of earning the popular vote in this context would be like if Space Race era United States and Russia both had shuttles explode during launch on the same day but we celebrate because our shuttle reached a higher altitude before self-immolating with the crew aboard.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Gammatron 64 posted:

No joke, the media lashing out at people like Pewdiepie and James Rolfe are what made me lose faith in the media

lol I heard about Pewdiepie and JonTron but what the heck kind of controversy did the AVGN find himself in????

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Gammatron 64 posted:

He dared to say that he wasn't interested in seeing the Ghostbusters remake because he has a strong attachment to the original and the remake didn't look funny. This somehow made him into a he-man woman hater even though he didn't mention anything about the gender of the new Ghostbusters.

Oh I'm pretty sure I saw that video. And yeah it was totally toothless and he didn't make it about gender at all.

I'm surprised and in fact skeptical that there was much controversy about it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

FisheyStix posted:

Say whatever else you want about the guy, the dude can navigate the waters of scandal with a steady hand. It's not everyone who's so devoted to his craft that he shrugs off people who go for the throat like that- I mean, these are the same people who broke jontron and any number other impious minor celebs. They can get nasty and loud. But ol James is here for the movies and the movies alone, and I really respect that. It's a trait that I frankly envy.

James likes: movies
James dislikes: political arguments

Be like James.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Eagerly awaiting Mike Matei's SJW meltdown.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

the movie tanked anyway.

Hmm, must have been sexism.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Play my new app game Hillary's Quest! It's your turn!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

idk bioware is owned by EA and they have tons of gay people in them. but they are bioware so gay characters are either really good or really awful.

Remember in Star Wars: The Old Republic the game launched with only straight romances. But then they decided to add gay romances in an expansion, but to do so they pull all of the new gay characters on the new planet, Makeb. So you got a game with a galaxy full of straight folk except for Makeb, the very gay planet.

lol

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Makeb

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

basic hitler posted:

If I have to choose between one evil and another, I'd rather not choose at all. - Geralt of Rivia

Not voting: the neutral path... the Witcher's path.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
"Invoke 9/11" should be added to the Dungeons and Dragons spell list because only sorcery can explain the effect it has on Americans.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol where the gently caress was this poo poo at my campus. sure alot of people were sad/disipointed and we talked about the election in my on class(teacher was more pissed at the people who didnt vote then any party) but other then that it was normal class day. maybe quieter then usual. by the next week everything was back to normal and i go to liberal leaning state school and we have none of the Liberal IDpol or alt right hysterics.

They are just blowing up isolated occurrences and portraying them as trends to paint a narrative.

It's just like when a journalist gets wind of a single report of some teen in Bumfark, Idaho pouring vodka into their eyeball and the next thing you know there is a big headline "DANGEROUS TEEN DRINKING FAD" for boomer retards to take seriously.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

maskenfreiheit posted:

run as independent: "you need to work within the system, you're siphoning votes from candidate with an actual chance to win"

run as democrat after caucusing with them for 30 years: "YOU'RE NOT A DEMOCRAT REEEEEEEEEEE"

:shrug:

A+ impression of D&D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

fruit on the bottom posted:

As a democrat she would trip over the cloak and impale herself on the staff while trump swings his mace wildly at the darkness.

He would take credit for the win.

• Locked thread