Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

big nipples big life posted:

Trump is just proof that the republicans could have run literally anyone and beat hillary, just like the democrats could have run literally anyone but hillary and beaten trump. I don't think there has ever been a worse candidate in history than hillary clinton.

What was really, really cool was all of the people claiming that if you supported Bernie over Hillary it must be due to misogyny. I'm sure that won a lot of hearts and minds. Nothing like antagonizing your potential voters, right? It's a much better plan than coming up with decent policies and campaigning in places where you need votes the most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Famethrowa posted:

it's not written by hilldawg you dum dums

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

nigga crab pollock posted:

remember when they started a hit campaign on a meme and inadvertently created mouthpieces for a modern white supremacist movement because they had a full blown defcon moment over a cartoon frog on the internet

this post, and the events it made me recall, made me Laugh On Loudly

seriously where the gently caress did that whole thing come from

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

this was dozens of pages ago but that i never understood lizard-people-politician conspiracies until i saw that "pokemon goOoOo to the polls !!!!" video

hillary is like a goddamn yuan-ti

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Maya Fey posted:

its happening again

holy poo poo how

how

how is anyone this loving crazy. how does she still have followers.

SHE LOST TO DONALD TRUMP

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

hey now that people have started finishing the book, is there anything in there about clinton's wardrobe choices? why was she always dressed like dr evil at a pride parade?

i wondered about that once before the election and someone went off on me because i was only talking about her outfit because she's a WOMMANNNNN!!! ignoring the fact that trump's dumb 'power tie' had been a topic of conversation literally seconds beforehand

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Does anyone even remember the Ghostbusters reboot at this point beyond the ones still waging Twitter war over it like an out-of-shape hiroo onada

I feel like the people who care deeply and exclusively about the gender of the cast one way or another were about the only ones who actually watched it

the new ghostbusters was a funny popcorn flick and sjw nonsense is a cancer on society

Blue Train posted:

It was apparently too much to hope that Hillary Clinton would, in defeat, be treated with the respect that she was denied during the campaign -- or, more accurately, during her entire career.  What is more depressing is that even some of her most prominent supposed admirers still enjoy piling on when Clinton is being attacked.

When Clinton kept herself out of the public eye after the election, she was mocked for "wandering in the woods" and was the target of other smart-alecky criticisms from avowedly liberal comedians and commentators.  Now that she has broken her silence and made some public appearances, we are being reminded of the double standards and outright nastiness that has been aimed at Clinton for decades.

Last week, Clinton gave an extended interview to the journalist Christiane Amanpour at the 9th Annual Women for Women International Conference.  (A transcript is available here.)  It was predictable that Amanpour would ask about the election, and it was just as predictable that anything Clinton said on that subject would be featured in sound bites across the media landscape.

What I did not predict -- perhaps because, after all these years, I have still not given up hope that liberals will stop being so self-defeating -- is that Clinton would immediately be bashed by supposedly sympathetic commentators. 

http://www.dorfonlaw.org/2017/05/supposed-liberals-reunite-for-more.html?m=1

this is magically stupid

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

basic hitler posted:

The older movies are just OK and the new one was never going to rise above those.

i think the new one was genuinely better than gb2

i also think that that really wasn't a high bar to clear

if hillary clinton was a lady ghostbuster she would have been the annoying skeptic main character that consistently gets outshined by everyone else

ted cruz would have been the nerdy evil guy collecting ghosts like pokemon(gooooo to the polls!)

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

but sony is loving terrible at movies so nope.

Sony Pictures is the Hillary Clinton of Hollywood

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Maya Fey posted:

theyre the EA of hollywood because when EA got voted worst company again they said it was because of their brave stance on gay rights

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah pretty much. but their game section of the company is pretty drat great of late. i guess all the smart people in sony work there.

this is the hillary clinton book club and ghostbusters 2016 discussion thread please get out with your video games chat

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Maya Fey posted:

i cant wait for hillary clinton to start pandering to gamers like she did conservatives

i don't know who made pokemon go

but i wonder if we can get them to help make you pokemon gooooooooo to the polls :razz:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Trash Muppet or whatever the gently caress his name is should be hilldawgs campaign manager in 2020

or basically anything, no one would give a gently caress

maybe those hosed up muppet wizards from The Dark Crystal

pretty sure even Skeksies have too much moral fiber to support a 2020 hilldawg run

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

apparently some congressional doofus is calling for trump's impeachment now

imagine i posted a gif of the joker burning all the money from TDK but like, all the faces are photoshopped with like jeff sessions and trump and poo poo, and you're like "whoa, that's some deep political commentary there, wow"

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Il Federale posted:

jeb would have won

actually would any republican candidate have lost to hillary? id like to think ted cruz would still have lost but...hillary lol

ted cruz is literally the most unlikable human being on the plane and i've never seen anyone say anything positive about him, how did he last so long lol

i mean i know the answer is "he was running against a lady famous for destroying a company, a guy who loved quacamole but couldn't fire up a crowd, and a man who may or may not have almost stabbed his friend once" but seriously the GOP is just as bled dry of talent at the top as the left is

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

this owns but hillary clinton retires to her cybernetic lizard biopod whenever she's not in the public eye, so she is completely disconnected from human media and none of these very true quotes will ever find her pericapsular sinuses

seriously wtf would she be trying to do by running in 2020, go for some record as the most major-party-nominee losses?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

The_Franz posted:

In the memoir of the former director of the Nobel Institute they admitted that giving him the award was a mistake.

God help you if you dared publicly question him getting the award at the time though.

uh are you serious because i'm pretty sure "lmfao what on earth has he done to deserve that" was a pretty strong talking point at the time, even among some nominally left-leaning circles

maybe it was just a local discourse kinda thing

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Nut to Butt posted:

It's actually possible to decline a Nobel prize, but that would've required Obama to have a scintilla of personal integrity.

Seriousposting here for a second but I don't think that's exactly fair. That's probably meant for people who for whatever reason can't accept the award on moral grounds, like maybe for some religious reason, or they're worried that what they're being recognized for could have bad ramifications down the road (like Nobel himself and the invention of dynamite). Obama rejecting it because they made a mistake choosing him would have come off as weird and rude and not a great thing to start his presidency with either.

Obama wasn't a great president but it's kinda weird how people always like, blame him for being awarded a prize by a bunch of foreigners.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

what the hell kinda weak weed is that lol

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/01/politics/hillary-clinton-2016/index.html

More media needs to call her out for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Blue Train posted:

Zuckerberg is a huge piece of poo poo

Zuckerberg is tremendously unlikeable and it is hilarious that he's obviously gearing up to run.

• Locked thread