Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Toadvine posted:

How is it that nobody has the necessary sway to have a private aside with Hillary and tell her she's had her chances but now it's someone else's turn.

Why do the corporate donors leading the party continue to throw good money after bad?

It's probably because everyone in the Democratic party is afraid of her. Cross her and she'll have your career ruined, or worse.

Bill tried to talk some sense into her, but there's just no use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Hillary lost to Donald Trump. Donald Trump. That guy. She also may have killed the entire Democratic party.

In ancient Rome and medieval Japan, if you hosed that bad, you'd typically go for an honorable suicide over living in disgrace.

However, she is a dishonorable p'takh not worthy to enter into sto'vo'kor

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

IF YOU WERE ANY OTHER MAN I WOULD KILL YOU WHERE YOU STAND!!

*stabs bat'leh into table*

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

It forcing a schism between Lowtax and his mods and admins

The past 4 or so years caused a huge schism in the left wing period, culminating in the primary election.

The USA is extremely divided these days, and it's more than just between Republicans and Democrats. The left basically ate itself alive. Liberals have spent so much time and effort attacking their own base that of course the GOP won everywhere.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Hot take: I think Donald Trump is pretty much indifferent to things like gays or minorities and is way more interested in things like:

*making money
*being popular
*boosting his ego

I kinda get the sense that things like race, sexual orientation and any desire to even learn the names of what country he has people bombing are not even on his radar.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I like Tulsi Gabbard but her political career is basically over because she has you know, integrity. She's on the poo poo list and won't be allowed to run.

The fact that Bernie Sanders actually managed to become a senator and run for president is practically a miracle. In our broken political system, you have to sell your soul to the devil to get anywhere.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

It's a bunch of adults playing pretend that they're freedom fighters because the new Star Wars movie has a group called the Resistance, but instead of putting their lives on the line and being an actual resistance movement, they instead spit out hashtags on social media and put "the resistance" on bumper stickers.

God, I hate hashtags. They're so stupid. Whenever I see someone use a hashtag I want to give them a swift kick to the balls \ ovaries.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

So I checked out this Tulsi Gabbard and what the gently caress? Why the hell doesn't the democrats just tell Clinton to gently caress off somewhere and go 100 % for Gabbard? I mean she's a veteran, seems competent, is ethnic, is very attractive and seems like she actually have some integrity.

It's because Tulsi Gabbard is an actual decent human being with some integrity and not a soulless corporate shill, so therefore she's the devil. See also: Bernie Sanders.

And as an added bonus, she has a vagina, is ethnic and hindu, which would be a giant "gently caress you" to millions of poo poo stains who swear up and down that misogyny is why Hillary Clinton lost and not, well, Hillary Clinton being an awful human being regardless of gender.

COMRADES posted:

Or maybe it's because when you're rich in this country you can just do literally anything you want include run a sex slave island for underage children and receive no real repercussions if/when you are caught.

This is typically the case, and has been the case for thousands of years.

Bill Cosby got away with being a serial rapist for decades. Woody Allen most likely molests kids.

Having a poo poo ton of money more or less gives you a free pass when it comes to raping and murdering people.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

phasmid posted:

Are people really falling for this "join the resistance" poo poo? Like, sincerely believing it?

It's the dumbest most cringeworthy poo poo.

Whenever someone is like "I'm with #TheResistance!" I just feel so deeply embarrassed.

The thing about Resistance movements is that you actually fight people and die. And you know, the French Resistance didn't brag about it in the open, because if they did, the Nazis would kill them. The thing about a Resistance movement is that it's secret you doofs.

It's grown adults pretending that they're revolutionaries, but at the end of the day, that's it. They're playing pretend and doing nothing but inflating their own self-worth. It's beyond pathetic, delusional and it's a mockery of people who gave their lives in WWII fighting the Nazis.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Anthony Weiner is a creep and all but Hillary Clinton is really the person you should thank for President Trump

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

basic hitler posted:

My 8 year old is still just mad about what happened to bernie. The little tyke really doesn't give one remote poo poo about hillary's loss. if anything he's loving thrilled. Little poo poo is more vindictive than me. Has his mom's need for vengeance.

You have a good family :hfive:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

basic hitler posted:

I haven't smoked a single weed in one and a half years just because i find having passable piss handy for work purposes but i want it legal because i used to smoke it and the paranoia of potentially getting caught and relying on the black market to come through when you need it sucks and i want all current and future stoners to have a good time on their drug of choice

Yeah I haven't smoked weed in years because I've been randomly drug tested before and while weed is good, I don't like it so much that I'd choose it over a job

Maybe if everybody was smoking weed, people would chill the gently caress out. All these uptight kids these days need to smoke some weed so they can be less angry and just get along

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

"I just don't understand how these people are voting against their own self interest (as defined by me)" - Libtard

It's a trick question, you're voting against your own self-interest either way

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

RaySmuckles posted:

trying to claim it wasn't bernie in those pictures, and having people actually believe it, was one of the most surreal things about the entire election

Did that seriously happen? I thought that poster was joking

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Sarah Silverman was the worst. I've lost a lot of respect for a lot of celebs recently but she takes the cake. First she tells Bernie supporters to "stop being ridiculous", then she calls for the assassination of president Trump when he wins the election. Fuuuuuuuckkkk yooooooouuuu Sarah.

Do it ironically posted:

it was so fake when basically every celebrity was going ham supporting hillary it just made it worse for her, they were all saying poo poo like if you don't vote hillary youre literally evil i dont think that helped her at all

plus she literally was the reason Vilerat died so i mean why any goon would vote for her

I think rich actors probably liked hillary because they are rich bourgie fucks who live in their own bubble in new york and california and have no idea what life is like for 98% of Americans, just like Hillary!

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Yeah Jimmy Dore is pretty cool. So is David Rubin. Both are former members of the Young Turks who jumped ship when they realized that Cenk is an angry idiot and Anna is a psycho bitch.

It looks like the tide is finally turning on all the insane SJW poo poo. I used to be one until I finally realized I was being a huge rear end in a top hat, and a stupid one at that. I was hoping that I had just gotten into it early and others would eventually get sick of it and see the light and that finally seems to be happening. We have people like Laci Green and Ian Miles Cheong having a change of heart. If I can change, and they can change, more people can too. This is a huge sigh of relief for me.

Everydayfeminism is going bankrupt. Gawker went kaput. People see college kids rioting on campus and have begun to realize just how insane and awful it is. We're starting to even have some famous people like Bill Maher call them out on their bullshit. Hillary Clinton bombed spectacularly.

I'm not a fighter by nature and I've grown weary of this state of "war." I'm tired of all this fighting and animosity between people. I just want peace and for people to get along. It's finally looking like an end is on the horizon. I just want a return to normalcy after all this madness.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

I was actually at a thing the other day and the speaker asked the group if any of them had any republican friends (like 3 people out of 30 raised their hands). She then told everyone that they should make an effort to actually make some friends outside of their comfort zones and that actually drew some groans and "yeah rights" from the crowd (because 50% of the country are literal evil monsters you see).

I voted republican in this last election and kept my mouth shut. I didn't want to die that day. :colbert:

I think a big thing that changed me was I made an effort to actually be friendly with people who I don't agree with. Yes, even Republicans.

A huge number of people at my work are Republicans, because I live in the South after all. I realized "you know, these people aren't evil. They're good people." I reconciled with my parents. They're good people, too. I'll work with people in Order Entry who are mainly older women. I'll work with people in the factory who are working class and not college educated. Probably half are rednecks and the other half are black. And you know what? They're decent, normal people.

Sometimes you just gotta get out there and meet people. Get off the computer and meet real people. Leave the college campus and meet some people. Once you actually go out there and meet people, you'll find out that they're not so bad.

VikingSkull posted:

lol Pewdiepie and JonTron had a bigger effect on the culture war than Hillary Clinton

No joke, the media lashing out at people like Pewdiepie and James Rolfe are what made me lose faith in the media

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 15:39 on May 15, 2017

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

basic hitler posted:

it's not even hard to have friends with wildly oppositional politics. I don't know how or why so many people forgot that it used to be pretty commonplace. The internet really loving sucks for how it's really let people curate the ideology of what you see and what you hear, and it's really breaking some retards brains by living in self-made echo chambers

For real.

The thing with Internet echo chambers though is it's getting to the point where radicals online and cannibalizing themselves to such an extreme that they can't be friends with anyone, because they can't handle any contrary opinions and you can't find someone who agrees with you 100% on everything.

I think that's why this poo poo is on the decline. You keep weeding out people who aren't ideologically pure and eventually you have no one left.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

There's actually a lot of ways people on either side of the "aisle" could work together.

Take abortion. Holy cow does it make people mad at other people. But both sides could probably agree that they would love it if the need for abortions was lower. Sex education and access to birth control are a good way to lower abortion rates. Both sides, even though they disagree fundamentally on what abortion is, could work together to lower abortion rates by providing birth control and sex education.

Neither side would get everything they want, but they would absolutely get some of what they want (fewer abortions, access to birth control/sex education).

You could apply this to other stuff too. Nobody wants anyone to suffer due to hunger/homelessness/drug addiction/whatever. It's just a matter of getting people to work together to tackle the issues (and possibly compromise) vs "No way am I working with those MONSTERS!".

Yeah.

And recent studies have even shown that you need both liberals and conservatives to even function as a society. Conservatives tend to be harder working but less creative. Liberals will start a business and then conservatives will keep it running.

If you were to gather up everyone who thinks a certain way or has a particular personality type, put them on a train and sent them straight into a concentration camp, society couldn't function. I'm sure there's a lot of liberals who wish they could just make all conservatives go away forever, and visa versa, but this is incredibly foolish thinking.

Chomp8645 posted:

lol I heard about Pewdiepie and JonTron but what the heck kind of controversy did the AVGN find himself in????

He dared to say that he wasn't interested in seeing the Ghostbusters remake because he has a strong attachment to the original and the remake didn't look funny. This somehow made him into a he-man woman hater even though he didn't mention anything about the gender of the new Ghostbusters.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

basic hitler posted:

It wasn't how they handled the election?

I realized how worthless old media, and most new media was when coverage basically became "Hillary Clinton is God and Inveitable you clueless loving mortal meatbags" and "HOOOOOLY poo poo LOOK AT THIS loving CLOWN!!!!!! WHOA ISN"T THIS IDIOT FUNNY AND NEVER GOING TO BE PRESIDENT???"

It was just such a lazy hackjob and extremely disconnected from what was happening i couldn't take any main stream news seriously anymore and that trust is probably broken permanently. I'm not a genius but i'm not stupid and I just look for the most raw, unfiltered source i can find, and i figure poo poo out for myself now.

Yep. I used to trust things like CNN, NPR, the WSJ and so on and think they were trustworthy outlets, but now I don't trust anything. I think 2016 broke my trust in the media and the DNC permanently. I got a glimpse of the man behind the curtain and it turns out that the Wizard of Oz isn't as fearsome as he appears to be.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Accretionist posted:

It seemed like fake controversy as marketing

It was.

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

is there really an article out there saying this? i got the impression hearing about it on here that people were down on the remake because a) didn't take into account what the fans wanted and b) the gender swap seemed pointless. i clicked on some of the articles from the megathreads people made and they were all like that.

There were multiple articles calling him a misogynist.

https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/ghostbusters-reboot-movie-critic-refuses-to-review/
http://www.avclub.com/article/ghostbusters-frozen-and-strange-entitlement-fan-cu-237139
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/05/18/the-soft-sexism-of-hating-on-the-new-ghostbusters

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/19/fashion/ghostbusters-internet-attacks.html

https://heatst.com/entertainment/angry-video-game-nerd-james-rolfe-will-be-right-about-ghostbusters-being-terrible/

Ultimately, James won in the end by not even responding to the people who attacked him. People did hit pieces on him and I know a few people who weren't familiar with him who didn't watch the video all the way through and thought he was a sexist because various news articles said so.

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 15, 2017

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Psycho Society posted:

How the gently caress does EA get voted worst company in a country with private prisons

Nerds are self-centered and dumb.

EA sucks but if you want to talk evil, there's Nestle, private prisons, banks and PMCs. Those are some actual, legitimately evil corporations.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I dont get why a dumb remake was loving stalingrad for the woke liberals/left and alt right dipshits. the movie tanked anyway.

It's usually the dumbest, most unimportant poo poo that people die on hills for.

Like that stupid thing with video games that happened a few years ago. You can't even mention the event by name without getting people in a tizzy. Oh, and both sides of that fight are stupid as hell. If you were on either side in that flamewar, you should be ashamed of yourself. You all know what I'm talking about and if you had a dog in that fight you should be embarrassed.

Maya Fey posted:

theyre the EA of hollywood because when EA got voted worst company again they said it was because of their brave stance on gay rights

What? Do their games even have gay people in them? Are they counting 12 year olds who call you a human being on xbox live when you're playing Call of Duty?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Maybe if the DNC didn't run Hillary Clinton and screw over Bernie Sanders, we wouldn't have this rear end in a top hat in the White House, ever think of that?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Bholder posted:

No, because nobody wants a dirty commie as a president.

Actually a lot of people did.

A lot of people want to have jobs and good healthcare and not have to struggle just to stay alive. Maybe Bernie and Trump wouldn't be able to provide these things, but they at least said they would. Hillary was like "lol get hosed poors, I deserve to be queen. Let them eat cake" and that didn't win her popularity points with anyone outside New York and California

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

maker posted:

if you're not with her you're with the enemy
HILARY 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pez_79eWSWw

You know poo poo has gotten bad when people start acting like Anakin Skywalker without a hint of irony

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

basic hitler posted:

if you say the words "virtue signalling" like that, it really just sounds like you're trying to demonize people who are trying to be decent people. Obviously twitter warriors launching into a tweet chain are failing at that, but their failings aren't with their attempt to be virtuous, but with the unabashed vanity and ego with which they employ so much of their time into putting on display in a medium that's explicitly hostile to meaningful thought and expression.

There's nothing wrong with trying to be a good person, and there's nothing wrong with condemning people who shun such things in favor of their own vanity and john galt delusions.

I stopped using twitter because I think the whole thing with trying to get likes and retweets and posting all the inane day to day stuff you encounter like the world revolves around you essentially turns people into narcissistic psychopaths

If you try to do good things for a pat on the back or approval, you're doing them for the wrong reason. An act of kindness is reward enough in and of itself, and doesn't need to be shouted to the world to seek validation from others.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Arc Light posted:

Hope the dems run an actual populist next time.

lol you know they won't.

The only reason why the GOP ran a populist is because they have no system in check to stop from random guy from taking the nomination, because you can be drat sure that the GOP leadership did not want Trump to be running for president

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Bernie should have played the jew card since Hillary wanted to play the woman card so bad.

Whenever some dumbass was like "You don't like Hillary because she's a woman!" Bernie should have been like "Yeah well I guess you don't like Bernie because you're an anti-semite"

Alas, Bernie is an honorable man and wouldn't stoop to Hillary's level

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

"I hate you and wish you would die"

"What the gently caress why aren't you voting for us?! Why are you voting against your own self interest?!"

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I genuinely feel like people who supported Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders are the scum of the earth

I forgive the Trump supporters because they're just dumb and can't help it

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Toadvine posted:

Seriously. Such a platform of progressive working class ideals hasn't been seen in a generation

Yeah.

Like, I kind of wish that everyone who writes for salon, slate, buzzfeed, huffpo, gawker and similar online tabloids would all just choke to death on the cum they guzzle

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

There's a lot of rich, influential Jews, but I haven't ever met them as I'm not rich or influential. I have however met a lot of Jews who are normal middle class people and a few who are even poor.

There is no Jewish conspiracy, it's just that people network with who they know and Jewish culture typically raises you to make good financial choices, but that doesn't always work as I've met a few Jews who are actually dumb with money

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 8, 2017

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

fruit on the bottom posted:

Doesn't the whole stereotype date back to a point in Christendom where the Church forbade the charging of interest with loans and so all the successful bankers were Jews because they were the ones who could make a profit?

Yes. That is exactly why.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or calling me a dumbass.

No, that is exactly how the stereotype got started. Eventually the church lifted the restrictions but the stereotype stuck.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

sword_man.gif posted:

dude just admit you like cartoon titty instead of this weak-rear end "uh, it was for Research" poo poo

I like titties in 2D, 3D, 4D... titties are good in all of the dimensions

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Remember how 4chan managed to convince dumbass journalists that the "OK" hand sign meant "white power"?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Like I think 4chan and Pewdiepie might have totally killed faith in the mainstream media for an entire generation of kids lol

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

There's a level of truth to that if you assume congress wouldn't have supported the meaningful parts of his agenda

It's true. I was an ardent Bernie supporter and I knew from day one that he would accomplish nothing thanks to congress. I liked him because he was a decent human being and while he would make no forward progress, giving him a veto power would have at least protected America from any particularly evil legislation going through. He wouldn't have been a sword used to get what we want, but rather a shield to protect what still have.

I really do wonder whether Hillary would have been better than Trump. We'll never know. Sometimes I think while President Trump is a bad thing, on the plus side, the guy has no clue what he's doing and also has no verbal filter, and thus will live tweet out everything stupid and corrupt he does for the whole world to see. Hillary would also do really shady stuff that would hurt the American people greatly, but she would do it behind closed doors while well-off liberals who have no idea what life is like for the working class blindly sing her praises.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Mordor She Wrote posted:

There is no question that Hillary would have been better than Trump in almost every conceivable way other than lol factor

I dunno. They both suck poo poo from Satan's anus. But at least Trump is entertaining and we at least get a few good laughs as he runs our country into the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I sometimes think that our current system is so insanely broken that there is no way to fix it and its collapse is inevitable

So... Trump isn't going to actually make America great again or anything... he's just putting us out of our misery, I guess

• Locked thread