Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

fruit on the bottom posted:

Lol there's no loving way $20 minimum wage was going to happen. $15 is barely happening in TYOOL 2017 for fucks sake.

so many things were possibly in 2008. it was the opportunity to rebuild things in ways that actually worked, to be radical and fix issues that could not be dealt with in normal times. if there was just a little bit of vision or will

instead Obama half-assed a reconstruction of everything that had just failed but with a different set of trim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

whoflungpoop posted:

He was the guy who offered to help you fix your toilet and you resent him for not holding your cock to piss and now you are leaving the bathroom angry and with a pee dot on your pants

guys, it's all my fault

I let Obama down

I didn't know about the schedule so I must have missed my shift as president

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Raider posted:

trump is the funniest thing to happen to the USA maybe ever, certainly in my lifetime

a distant runner up is george HW puking on the prime minister of japan

the election of Trump is a bit of magical realism in the beige beaucratic hell of 21st century politics.

I mean were still in hell but the comedic pratfall of our masters is funny enough to make me feel better

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
the super pathetic west wing drama that beltway and media turds imagined they were characters in got crashed by a trashy reality star lol

SickZip fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 19, 2017

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

COMRADES posted:

You'll take motherfucking NIXON???

LOL that guy was literally an insane murdering war criminal who extorted the Fed to run interest rates hot (damaging to the economy long term, great for like 6-12 months) leading up to his re-election so he could go "see I fixed this poo poo!" Plus the drug war.

Like literally he funded right wing death squads and toppled democratically elected leaders and replaced them with insane dictators like Pinochet.

He was a liar and a criminal.

Nixon truely was the most qualified president

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Gammatron 64 posted:

I dunno. I didn't think I'd ever say this, but between the Trump administration and the sinking ship of the Democratic party, I almost kinda miss Dubya:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCm9788Tb5g

We should have made Dubya the Idiot King of America. He could have been like the Queen of England with a purely ceremonial role.He would have thrown first pitches. waved in parades, provided fodder for comedians, and provided a unifying symbol of our hatred for our government.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

NomChompsky posted:

Trump is not good at being president.

not being good at being president is his most endearing quality

wanting someone good at being president is like wanting a better virus

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Amarcarts posted:

So what's the deal with Benghazi? People make a big fuss but has anyone actually articulated what Hillary personally did wrong? As far I can tell she didn't increase security after a request for more security, but that seems like more of an oversight rather than "treason", since the state department probably deals with thousands of different communications/requests on a daily basis.

I just ask because looking back the right-wing media were going rabid about it for years afterward leading up until the election and now you don't hear about it.

It's an insane bit of Washington kabuki theater revolving around the fact that 1) there was a cover up of legitimately damning events and 2) everyone investigating knows what was being covered up but doesn't want to uncover it since they approve of what was being covered up and are just using events for political gain

the "embassy" was a cia base with irresponsibly minimal levels of security because the cia and the military were engaged in a slapfight over the level and nature of the us's support of the rebels. the cia was comfortable with much higher level of radical islamist sentiment and flying of al quaeda flags in the groups we supported then the military was. the cia was keeping the base on the downlow and the military out of their business as a result.

the nature of the base needed to be covered up since it was real unsavory and it was an election year. so then the nature/reason of the attack also had to be covered up to explain it.

the republicans used the obvious cover up to create a perpetual scandal to hit Obama and Clinton with. But since they're gay for dumbass cia nonsense (like everyone whose anyone in washington) they stuck with pointing out all the smoke and avoided addressing the fire

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

leaked preview of new democratic party plan going forward:
-cut off all party funding to congressional races outside of new york and california
-use money saved to construct giant pyramid in the Hamptons as mortuary complex for hillary
-upon Hillary's death, loyal democratic party members will be given the honor of being entombed alive with Her so that they may serve in the next life

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

How do we fund #3

theirs still internal debates in the party on the best method for that. the radicals are proposing a 1% tax on billionaires while the moderates are pushing for a program of human sacrifice to moloch in exchange for wealth beyond count

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Accretionist posted:

I haven't read up on Syria in a while but isn't the goal reducing it to a meat-grinder and draining Russian resources?

no

Syria is a cutting edge 21st century intervention

with Afghanistan we intervened for a goal that could not be achieved

then with Iraq we intervened for a vague self destructive reasons

now with Syria we're pushing the boundaries and intervening for multiple contradictory vague reasons in support of multiple sides in a conflict.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

I have absolutely no interest in hearing this, who would?

If you don't want to hear this I can't even begin to understand you

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

She's poo poo and I'm sure she's still smug as gently caress like always

If shes maintaining the smugness in the immediate aftermath of being beaten by a TV show host who entered as a publicity stunt then I'm honestly inpressed

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
every so often I think about how Trump smashed multiple American dynasties, and humiliated the greatest political machine of the world's most powerful empire, because he was made fun of at a dinner party and I give a slightly awed LOL

I was going to use the expression "that's some Count Of Monte Cristo" poo poo then I realized he had one-upped that several times for a fraction of the reason. His feat of single-minded petty revenge surpasses all others in history or fiction, it literally could not even be imagined before he did it

SickZip fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 9, 2017

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tato posted:

Obama never would have been elected president if not for Jerri Ryan's hosed up cuck husband trying to pressure her to have sex with other guys and giving him the pathway to a Senate seat. It's only fair that Trump gets elected because Anthony Weiner can't stop sending pictures of his dick to people.

All presidential contests are ultimately decided by someone doing something hosed up sexually, somewhere, and then it all just falls into place like destiny

A vast secret conspiracy of extremely horny dudes dedicated to ruining Hillary's life

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

VikingSkull posted:

Link

The head of Sony Pictures handwaved criticism of a lovely movie as simple misogyny.

everything about modern discourse is the dumbest loving poo poo every loving day from every loving direction

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

maskenfreiheit posted:

so hillary worked with the russians?

The accusation isn't that Russia lied about anything, its that they told the truth.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

I'd have voted for Kasich over Hillary

Kasich is the perfect vanilla Republican, privately a nasty unpleasant poo poo with an impregnable phony Aw Shucks and Gee Whiz act in public.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Kasich could have passed laws mandating food stamps only be used on expired rotten products and it would have caused less protest then Trump or Cruz proposing a 10% cut. All thinking people should be glad that Republicans went with the guy who provokes visceral reaction instead of Kasich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
with Hillary I would have had endless war, Saudi arms sales, austerity, a dystopian panopticon, crony capitalism, rich getting richer, poor getting poorer AND I would have been assured by all the Serious People that get to be on TV and newspapers that this was Good and Just and There Is No Alternative until I felt like I was losing my mind.

• Locked thread