Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Alpha Mayo posted:

Her whole coronation was sickening. Bernie would have won. Hell, if Hillary picked Bernie for her VP she would have won. All the enthusiasm from Bernouts would have transferred to her campaign. These are people who phonebanked several entire states in hours. But no, she picked another Big Bank motherfucker to run with her as an extra 'gently caress you' to Bernie fans.

This was amazing. Like after fighting tooth and nail in a race against an old dude running almost entirely on ows-the platform that was closer than anybody would have guessed, she nominated Kim "deregulate the banks" Taine.

Might as well just had him come out dressed as a giant middle finger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
where's the one where she says she's just chilling in the kind of way parents trying to embarrass their children with bad slang would

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Panzeh posted:

who the gently caress cares, we're on the internet, i'm not a politician, i don't need your vote

could be a contributor to general voter apathy tho

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I understand the gestalt of this, like her "fight song" vid, but what was the specific example they were referencing here.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

bonerjam posted:

why is variety even shoving their grubby pick-esque fingers into politics anyway it'a a loving entertainment trade magazine.

Same reason even clickbait sites designed to flood social media get involved, theres an organized spin that happens behind the scenes by people with connections to make it happen. What's weirder is that people deny it when the pr machine is working for them, like 70% of our forums refused to accept that the whole bernie bro narrative wasn't just a spontaneous and organic criticism until the whole dnc email fiasco showed that yeah it was people callin in favors and pushing it. Then the same posters who called you a tin foil conspiracy theorists for pointing it out before the leaks did a 180 and said "of course it was planned out, that's just good campaigning".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I always thought it was funny the arrow pointed right, it was like some sort of subtle parody of the democratic party but actually for real

• Locked thread