Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

Gammatron 64 posted:

I wonder when it'll get to the point where senators are stabbing each other to death during meetings

To think Americans laugh at the British House of Commons having a distance between benches of two sword lengths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

phasmid posted:

I dunno. British politics seem more vicious between politicians and that's a good thing. Personally, I admire that you guys kick the poo poo out of your politicians more than we do here in the states.

It's your judicial system we make fun of, because of the silly wigs.

Alas, the silly wigs are being phased out.

I agree we can be more brutal, which leads to some entertaining culture clashes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5u1skEoqLs&t=402s

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
From memory, the winner for the Nobel Peace Prize was decided by a bunch of Norwegian career politicians because it's a joke award. They were likely going to lose the next election, so realised this was the only opportunity to meet Obama who at that point was a worldwide phenomenon. They voted Obama for that reason.

The award itself has been meaningless since Kissinger won it while conducting a bombing campaign.

• Locked thread