Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Clinton's failure came from bad strategy. One, assuming a blowout, without securing "solid" states. Two, they assumed that voters did not need her campaign to persuade them. They figured that a lot of people were already highly familiar with Hillary Clinton, so there was no need to explain her any further. Nope. ABC, always be closing. Three, people refused to recognize Trump's wild card appeal. None of the other Rs had anything as electrifying as Trump's song and dance. It did not appeal to me or you, but it was something new-ish and compelling.

IMHO people do not like to pretend to be able to understand why Trump appeals to a significant portion of Americans. It's not wrong to see that he is of course sexist and racist, but the whole package is more particularized than that.

e: tldr farrrt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Watch the debates that professors at NYU staged where actors did a gender-swapped reproduction of the Trump v Clinton debates and tell me that you wouldn't vote for Lady Trump over the featureless husk of Dude Clinton. She was utter garbage in every respect and I've typed more words about her than she merits at this point so I'll stop now.
Co-signed, that NYU thing is fascinating. Lady Trump is compelling and sort of charming. Man Clinton is gray and hazy.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

As far as I can tell, Clinton's publicly-communicated vision was "the status quo, but better". I don't remember any messaging as to how Clinton's presidency would have been any different from a third term of Obama. It felt like she was running for re-election, without ever having been elected.

Meanwhile, Sanders and Trump were out *earning* votes.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

My favorite part of the reenactment is when some Hillfolk still double down after seeing the performance. Vague comments about how women are socialized to smile, which, okay, on that sub-issue you're not wrong in a general sense, but individual people, whether women or men, figure out how to control their body language so as to appear human. Clinton always seemed dreamy, reserved, and ironic, like she couldn't believe that anybody could reasonably expect her to defend herself, or even to promote herself.

HILLARYYYYY

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

"Virtue signalling" is a useful and valid concept that had been rammed into the ground by shitheads.

• Locked thread