Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
oh boy a book written in a desperate attempt to convince the last bastion of hillary supporters that the dogshit retarded propaganda machine isn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
*in extremely seinfeld voice* whats the deal?? with fake news

first the russians hack the elections, and that was fake

then the pizza shop was the fake news??? hillary??

WHATS the DEAL?

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
if clinton got into the white house it would necessitate multiple people working full time to make sure bill didn't get into another sex scandal

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

BexGu posted:

I really don't think the book is going to be that favorable to hillary.

its going to be damage control

Windows 98 posted:

Where are these people for Trump

he grabbed them by the pussy

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
hillary clintons loss was so profound it left a mark on the public consciousness

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

Obama ran on "hope" and "change" expecting to deliver neither, and delivering neither. He had no idea how anything worked. He was the pinnacle of the tech-bro era mindset, where it's about manipulating optics and not realizing that only works for so long. If he'd instituted or even pushed for a $20 minimum wage, Hillary would be president.

'manipulating optics' is a nice way to put 'shamelessly transparent propaganda' but ya this

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

this video probably cost six, maybe even seven figures to make

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

hahahahaha

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Alienwarehouse posted:

I don't give a poo poo as long as she promotes single-payer and free college tuition, which would unfuck 70% of the problems in this country.

no college is loving terrible now dude because they dont even give a poo poo about the quality of education since they're trying to cram as many students through with a passing grade and the entire political climate on campuses is contrary to the goal of giving college students a broad education

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i probably shot myself in the foot by trying to get a degree in mass media because it fascinates me except the entire degree program was filled with people who picked mass media because they like watching netflix and wanted to be weathermen. people that don't like Marshall McLuhan because his writings make them uncomfortable because he's forecasted the entire psychology of consuming media and they are like foie gras geese funneling that poo poo into their mouths

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
*guy with no less than six star wars tattoos on him* like im pretty sure the matrix is a metaphor for religion. the machines are god. except, like, if god actually existed because he doesn't.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i want you to imagine a class on critical media theory where every person watched They Live in class and nobody saw beyond the surface level. a single person raises their hand and says that the glasses were symbolism for truth

thats college

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Panzeh posted:

I don't think a negative article is a sign of fear lol and then pdp had a meltdown about it.

dude there were like 20 articles

articles about how pewdiepie is turning your kids into alt-right nazis

it was a hit campaign lol

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Panzeh posted:

Only one of them even came close to calling him a nazi, most of them just mentioned one of his vids.

Then pdp dumps hours of material about how hes being censored.

I have a hard time feeling sympathy. Its the internet, people poo poo on each other.

dude the first google result from the washington post when you google 'pewdiepie nazi' literally calls pewdiepie a nazi in the title

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Panzeh posted:

Poor widdle millionaire pdp got his feels hurt

except now people will know pewdiepie as 'that nazi' instead of 'that unfunny guy' and you can probably thank the DNC for that and i eagerly await the leaked emails that show them talking to the washington post about writing hit pieces against a youtube streamer for children

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Panzeh posted:

Poor widdle millionaire pdp got his feels hurt.

Btw i read the wapo article and it never calls him a nazi, it mostly just quotes his screed about how everyones out to get him.

except it calls him a nazi in the loving title you moron lmao

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Panzeh posted:

No, it referred to a Nazi joke. You don't read articles i guess.

But maybe i just don't 'get' pdp.

the content of articles is pretty much the least important part of them. it's not like they have actual writers, just unpaid 20-something interns who have never left the western seaboard. if the rise of clickbait titles hasn't clued you in the titles are pretty much the only important part of articles because they get more impressions than the text of the article and it is the primary hook for clicks, which is the thing that makes them money. and it was an anti-semitic joke and not really a nazi joke so the only reason they would say it's a nazi joke is to make the implication that pewdiepie is a nazi. if you are orchestrating a hit campaign that is pretyt much exactly what you do, you write articles that slightlyu misconstrue the situation and make associations between the target and a straw man such as that the anti semitism that a person exhibits makes them a nazi, which while related has much broader and worse implications than a jew joke

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Panzeh posted:

Article title not sympathetic enough: a conspiracy.

get that weak rear end poo poo out of this thread son

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
gamergate is real

gamergate israel

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
jeb was fhe president we should have had. in that reality, things turned out ok

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
the bernie reality has a 50/50 on being a gibsonesque nightmare tho

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

Sorry, basement weirdoes of SA, but I've spent the last ten years being forced to work with normal folks, many of which do not have college degrees and a fair number of which don't have highschool degrees either, and they do not loving know who Pinochet was.

The ivory tower, is you.

lol

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

Oh yeah I'm sure you just love the poor

lol

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
remember when the onion wrote stories about laughable goofy joe biden as propaganda and everyone liked it + pined for the real joe biden to act like that when they just modeled him off of dubya

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

me: obama i think i may be in trouble for getting $130,000 in student debt on at university of california berkeley by saying I have career goals please dont sing dragula
obama: dead i am the one
me, sobbing: please please i got a phone call from the college finanance department
biden via speakerphone: conquering the worm

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Alienwarehouse posted:

Yeah. They proved she was working with banks and technocrats to gently caress over workers' rights and unions.

Actually I'll have you find that it's simply fake news. Russian propaganda. You'd better not look at them.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Dapper_Swindler posted:

pretty much. she tried way hard to be hip, sure that can work, obama did it well enough. but she was a wonk and all the pep and congeniality came off as articfical as gently caress. it didnt help that she had idiot rich woke celebes like dunham and other going around and acting like she was some magical saint of progressive Idpolics, is that a good thing, sure, but this wasn't a idpol centered election, it was a economic one. and trump made poo poo up and sounded better by playing the populist who would bring back jobs and saying enough bigoted poo poo to get the hard right and alt right interested. clinton just did nothing and then would play the victim card and give alt right dickheads limelight. everything either came off as either desperate or snobbishly calculated.

My teenage sister made some crack about 'pokemon go to the polls' way back before the election and I knew it was a death knell for her campaign because if they couldnt get the most tribalist, impressionable, and desperate group for validation to think she's hip using a strategy that exclusively appeals to those traits she couldn't win

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Amarcarts posted:

So what's the deal with Benghazi? People make a big fuss but has anyone actually articulated what Hillary personally did wrong? As far I can tell she didn't increase security after a request for more security, but that seems like more of an oversight rather than "treason", since the state department probably deals with thousands of different communications/requests on a daily basis.

I just ask because looking back the right-wing media were going rabid about it for years afterward leading up until the election and now you don't hear about it.

the state department under hillary turned down requests for aid when vile rat is on record saying they were positive there was going to be a raid on the compound DAYS before he died in a raid on the compound. so i guess you can hem and haw about how what degree of personal responsibility clinton has in those deaths but even pragmatically looking at the situation there's really no way you can spin it positively besides 'oh well theres nothing we could have done!!' and guess what angle they took

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

skasion posted:

Remember when more Americans were dying every day from opioid overdoses than were dying from complications of AIDS at the peak of the HIV crisis and one of the presidential candidates took the podium to declare that a cartoon frog was evil

hey man the league of anti defamation said the frog was a nazi

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
shai labeouf has been under constant threat from thuggish nazi brutes brandishing cartoon frogs

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
siri show me pictures of nazi ponies

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

big nipples big life posted:

I still have a hard time coming to grips with the fact that were actually people for hillary, I totally get being against trump but being for hillary just doesn't compute.

it was entirely people who wanted a female president. there was literally no other angle provided by the campaign or really covered in any publicity or advertising. plus people really susceptible to mass media propaganda just lapped up the pro hillary angle without even really thinking about it and you can tell by catching a lot of nonsensical rhetoric from them or assertions that things are entirely separate from how they are in reality

its hard to wrap your mind around being a total loving tool but like that's like 80% of the population. there are people that think trevor noah is funny and that the daily show is news.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
*in extremely condescending tone* yeah, well, hillary was the most qualified person to ever run for president. it's insane to think people voted for some orange lunatic under investigation by the FBI rather than someone who actually knows how to do the job *motions over to podium where hillary is collapsed on the ground with a doctor trying to epipen her*

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

new phone who dis posted:

I'm 100% convinced that Comedy Central gets better ratings from re-runs of shows like Futurama and Archer than any of their self-produced garbage. All the clips that are supposed to attract me to watch The Daily Show, Problematic, or that comedian karaoke show are cringey as gently caress and have the opposite effect.

no no no. you're thinking about it. that's entirely the opposite of what you're supposed to do. you're just supposed to watch it and be passively indoctrinated. you aren't supposed to make conscious decisions about what you choose to watch, you just put the boob tube on the funnie channel and laugh, silly!

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

new phone who dis posted:

If Hillary took Elizabeth Warren as a running mate, she would have won. Kaine had zero going for him other than the fact he enabled DNC garbage in the past. Mike Pence is an anti-gay arch-conservative and he's probably more qualified to do the job of president than Kaine, Clinton and Trump all combined.

i was really surprised when the media tried to amp up people's fears with rhetoric about Bannon being the mastermind of the presidency and how brietbart is going to control the country when he's visibly an alcoholic with no experience and they have a fuckin lich's phylactery at their beck and call with Pence

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Rubellavator posted:

Those pence memes where he's Race Bannon from johnny quest are pretty funny though

and the best thing the hillary campaign could come up with was 'why don't they pokemon-go to the polls?'

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

bonerjam posted:

You'd think with all her years as a public figure and all her media coaches and advisors she'd know how not to act like an awkward retard in public.

Or maybe just everything was so calculated it came all the way back around and made her look the same as if she was a weird autist namedropping things she has heard of.

Hillary is one of those people who leaves out the "dash Tabasco" in a recipe, if she cooked at all, which she doesn't because she has some brown people to do it for her.

the asnwer is the internet

if you have the press in your back pocket and they will only publish exactly what you want them to say, and you vastly overestimate the relevancy of mass media compared to its importance 20 years ago , you might forget that there are dozens of hd cameras trained on you at any given moment by random schmucks and just one of them has the potential to 'go viral' when the dildo slips out of her pussy and she gets thrown into a van like a side of pork

the entire campaign is full of events like that which Officially never happened or there is some long winded explanation as to how hillary actually didn't collapse or had a perfectly reasonable reason to do so but none of that matters when people aren't watching the clip on The Daily Show they're watching it on twitter

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
like no poo poo the entire success of the campaign was predicated on the ability of the campaign and the media to control public perception and while they are still capable of doing so their understanding of 'the media' is straight out of 1997 and what do you know they lost the election so hard they were totally blindsided

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
remember when they started a hit campaign on a meme and inadvertently created mouthpieces for a modern white supremacist movement because they had a full blown defcon moment over a cartoon frog on the internet

• Locked thread