Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
lol this must have been thrown together like a last minute term paper. who writes that fast. there hasn't even been any time to give the events context yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TheWeepingHorse posted:

IMHO people do not like to pretend to be able to understand why Trump appeals to a significant portion of Americans. It's not wrong to see that he is of course sexist and racist, but the whole package is more particularized than that.

e: tldr farrrt

the real issue is the fact that Trump actually isnt sexist or racist at all. he is just presented that way with out of context gaffs or whatever. he is only sexist/racist by the narrow social justice re-definition of the words. that means every time people were told to be offended about him a certain portion of people saw it as positive

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

NomChompsky posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.9af4bbb6047f

Not that anyone needed to write an article about it. Those of us in the trenches already knew.

(the racist idiot trenches)

being anti-immigrant isnt the same as racism.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Alienwarehouse posted:

Marxist-leninism or Trotskyism?

juche

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Accretionist posted:

I looked up some articles and I think I want ot read this book:

quote:

In the aftermath of her Democratic primary defeat in 2008, Clinton had an aide download the emails of all her staffers, according to the book. A staffer told the authors that Clinton wanted to know “who was talking to who, who was leaking to who.”

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/4-excerpts-from-shattered-and-what-they-tell-us-about-clintons-loss/

:eyepop:
i am so glad this person is not president

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Panzeh posted:

Whenever someone makes fun of trump in gbs theres a brigade of people who come out to say 'but hillary'

yeah but that is fair. hillary would be much worse

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

VikingSkull posted:

it's because everything that people said would happen when Trump lost actually happened when she did

not recognizing the outcome
claims of rigging
violence in the streets

it's really funny

i think the trump supporters would have taken the loss more gracefully to be honest

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Grumpo posted:

(and no I didn't vote for trump either, I abstained.)

abstaining is basically a vote for trump you mycologist racist patriarch

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

spacetoaster posted:

I don't know if you guys know this, but I'm super salty over the thread for making fun of the left being shut down.

she would clearly never cook a meal for her family lol

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gammatron 64 posted:

They should bring back gladiatorial combat, how come that went outta style again?

If I were president, I would bring that back. I would also change my title to 'Emperor' instead of 'President' and wear a toga and make our soldiers look like stormtroopers. "American Empire" sounds cooler than "USA" doesn't it?

the proper roman term for a president is consul. to make an emperor out of the US president you would have to be sneaky about it like Augustus and not change the title of office. a US emperor would be president, speaker of the house, chief justice of the Supreme Court, head of the NSA and CIA, and President of the senate all at the same time.

become excited if Trump nominates himself for next supreme Court appointment

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Actually average penis sizes are the same across races

black guys have bigger Dickson, that's just science

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Over There posted:

Is this the new gamergate thread?

I wish FEMINISTS would stay the heck away from my fighting games. :argh:stop pretending to be fake gamers ladies, we all know you don't actually like video games and just want more attention

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
if everyone is a nazi now than maybe being a nazi is alright? :shrug:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
the Internet has created a new golden age of democracy. we are transforming into neo-Athens, soon enough we won't need the politicians or media at all

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rasta_Al posted:

An internet crackdown is in the very near future. Politicians don't take losing money very lightly.

they no longer have the power to kill the Internet. too many very rich capitalist depend on its existence. the fools have killed themselves

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Toadvine posted:

If America nation of racists then how we how elect black president, twice

racism was over back in the 90s early 2000s, but now it's back on. it's cyclical, like the business cycle

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

I'd spend the rest of my life drinking juice squeezed by a juicero using hillary clintons ostomy bags

It won't work without the correct QR code

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

And she was a violent warmonger who massacred her own people

In fact most female PMs have been warmongers or else just complete lunatics

this trend goes back further than that
http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2016/01/european-queens-waged-more-wars-than-kings.html

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

nigga crab pollock posted:

it was entirely people who wanted a female president. there was literally no other angle provided by the campaign or really covered in any publicity or advertising. plus people really susceptible to mass media propaganda just lapped up the pro hillary angle without even really thinking about it and you can tell by catching a lot of nonsensical rhetoric from them or assertions that things are entirely separate from how they are in reality

its hard to wrap your mind around being a total loving tool but like that's like 80% of the population. there are people that think trevor noah is funny and that the daily show is news.

i refuse to believe anyone thinks trevor noah is funny

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Chomp8645 posted:

I just read a book about the Emperor Augustus (of Rome, obv). He did the same poo poo, he ruthlessly promoted his own chosen heirs while quashing the careers of individuals who were promising for the state, but not of the chosen clan.

Except Augusts was a talented and inspiring leader who launched a new era of prosperity and stability for the Roman Empire, whereas for Hillary the best case would be that she manages our decline such that we collapse slowly.

rome had just gone though about 100 years of cival wars. massive slave rebellions, political tomfollery, a social war with Italian allies, Sulla, and finally the civil wars between Caesar/Pompii/Antony/Crassus. the people were really loving sick of ambitious romans screwing with their entire civilization for personal gain. Augustus was very wise to value loyalty over ambition after what he went though

skasion posted:

As long as we're making ridiculous comparisons to Rome, Trump is clearly Pompey.

we are not that far along, Trump is Tiberius Gracchus

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 27, 2017

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

skasion posted:

This is probably still too generous to Trump

we will see when Trump is beaten to death by an angry mob of senators, his body thrown into the Potomac so his followers will have nowhere to greave

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

phasmid posted:

They cared enough to kill him for opening his mouth.

But if by "well attested" you mean he deffo existed I expect you consider Josephus a good source, because there weren't many others.

Josephus was writing a century later, he just heard the story from a christian

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i'm with Yug on this one. Osama was dead before 9/11 even happened. all we ever saw was recordings of him taped prior to his death

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
that raid was to capture the hiding saddam hussein. it was his body double that was executed in iraq

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Toadvine posted:

Too bad Hillary couldn't makeup a reason to vote for her!

Unrelated
https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/858007470073147393

How is that a joke? I mean I guess Obamas ethics are the joke? :confused:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kiryen posted:

So... 9 years later he takes money for speeches. Yeah I'm sure in 2009 and 2010 he had it all planned out to get $400,000k for some speeches, rather than the inevitable book deal which is for 150 times more money. Sounds exactly like his thought process.

Here's the thing about flinging "unethcial" at trivialities - you trivialize it when it really appears. Trust me, I would LOVE to see public dirt on Obama, but this just doesn't measure up.

uh yeah of course that was his plan thats how washington corruption works. everyone knows that Obama

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

phasmid posted:

It really does seem like she can't leave things alone. I can't tell if it's her flunkies propping her up like a downed bareknuckle boxer or if it's her own overweening desire to be prez no matter what.

At any rate, I am pissed off that none of those celebs who said they would move followed through. But then, I didn't believe any of them were going to kill themselves either. It was all just a pity party because they couldn't understand they alienated a huge part of their base with their fanaticism.

psychologically Hillary has to do this. otherwise it would require her to have some sort of introspection, and engague with her many flaws and failings. i think that might drive a person to suicide; so for her mental health she will live in a delusion

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Train posted:

He is an excellent conman

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
when is the last time you think Bill ever touched Hillary in a sexual way? i bet more than 2 decades

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Train posted:

Yea I'm sure it has and does happen and it would be nice to see numbers on it but I have no idea how you'd even conduct a study with legitimate results on that subject

you are never going to see numbers because these programs are designed to obscure that information

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sebastien Lenorman posted:

Legislated equality of outcome (instead of opportunity)

the code word for this is "equity". if someone starts talking about equity rather than equality or egalitarianism you know they are a snake

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Dismantling systems has a real bad track record. I'm an incrementalist

pol pot did nothing wrong

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

basic hitler posted:

Reverence for culture for its own sake is one of the dumber lefty fads. Objectively there are lovely cultures. Ones worse than ours. Some are better. Some don't deal with outsiders well and some are straight up regressive and theres nothing wrong with some of them dying off. Monoculture lends itself to less social strife too

nah, english culture is the best

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Khazar-khum posted:

I deal with people who honestly believe that if Trump is impeached, Hillary will be president.

bernie can still win

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gammatron 64 posted:

It's probably a good rule of thumb that institutions that deal with matters of life and death shouldn't be privatized and given a for-profit motive. Things like health care, fire departments, the police, armies...

They tried private fire departments, but abandoned that idea when whole city blocks started burning down.

private armies did wonders for the roman republic

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Lenin was not a pauper.

Stalin was :twisted:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tallgeese posted:

Populism has been a dirty word since the time of William Jennings Bryan.

Seriously, crack open a history textbook and you will find them deriding populism to a man, for reasons I never quite could put my finger on.

populism has been a dirty word for 2000 years, since the populares vs the optimates

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

this is Hillaryious

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zippy the Bummer posted:

i would vote for Ivanka Trump to be President solely on the fact that she is an insanely beautiful human, if she ran for office

i have no shame at all about this. i don't give a gently caress

the second first lady to run for the office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

does he really want to be known as "the hillary clinton of france"

• Locked thread