Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Watch the debates that professors at NYU staged where actors did a gender-swapped reproduction of the Trump v Clinton debates and tell me that you wouldn't vote for Lady Trump over the featureless husk of Dude Clinton. She was utter garbage in every respect and I've typed more words about her than she merits at this point so I'll stop now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

"Well, she did have policy decisions, they were all on her website."

Nuts to that bullshit. If a politician isn't dying to tell you about all of the good ideas they have that they can't wait to tell you all about them, the average voter won't give two damns about looking it up on their own.

Websites are for covering the finer details, not a polite way of saying "you look it up, pleb."

Someone in CSPAM had an awesome post about just how much poo poo you had to sift through on her website just to get to a concrete policy position.

This is another thing Sanders had her totally beat on and one of the many reasons I think he would have won against Trump. Every time he spoke he basically went into stump speech mode. It got almost tiresome but you knew exactly why he was running and what his platform was.

America is basically hosed until a viable labor party emerges and that might happen by the time I'm dead of old age if we're lucky.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
What always gets me is that some DNC turd was probably paid more in a month than I make in a year to come up with "America is great because America is good."

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Chomp8645 posted:

Yeah him setting up heirs was no so good. But more importantly he changed the Roman senate and the administration of the empire such that state was strong enough and competent enough that it could stay solvent and effective even with a poor leader at the top.

Compare that to our senate lol.

Comparing either Trump or Clinton to anyone in the Julio-Claudian clan is giving them more praise than they deserve.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

down n out posted:

Instead of revamping their message and actually appealing to the working class that believes in them, they're going for crude profanity-laced tirades to appear authentic.

This is just sad. Uhh if we say "poo poo" and "gently caress" people will think we're straight talkers like Sanders and Trump :eng99:

God the Democratic Party needs to die

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

nigga crab pollock posted:

then again she tried the exact same berniebro strategy when Obama ran in 08 so you know what? Maybe she is dumb enough to try the same thing repeatedly until it succeeds

"Obama boys" lmao

Too bad insular Internet brokebrain poo poo festered in the intervening 8 years and incredibly stupid people bought it. I still can't believe the "if we ended income inequality today, would that end racism and sexism?" line from Clinton. Just goddamn

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Can someone summarize the Russia and Comey poo poo? As far as I could tell the cries of Russian interference came from some vaguely eastern European hacker leaking lots of DNC emails that were unflattering as gently caress to the party. And the Comey October surprise poo poo seemed weak at best. She was running against Donald Trump so if she were a decent politician it shouldn't have come close to costing her the election, even assuming these factors mattered at all to voters. I haven't kept up with either story but it seems like such obviously over-emphasized BS to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Can we please emulate the Roman republic and get on with the proscription lists already?

• Locked thread