Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Gobblecoque posted:

There is some immensely satisfying schadenfreude that every single thing Hillary did in the past 20+ years was preparation for making herself president and she still not only lost but lost to loving Trump of all people. People can blame the Russians or Sanders or Comey or racists or Obama (lol) but at the end of the day if you're that big of a loving loser you have no one to blame but yourself.

I mean it was pretty sexist for an old white man to suggest that the same neoliberal ideas Bill Clinton ran on in 1992 are somehow less compelling when espoused by a white woman in 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
wow guys - 34 pages of biting sarcasm about a female presidential candidate?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
In all seriousness, if during the primary Sanders supporters had been able to harshly criticize HRC without conjuring cries of "sexism" and "bernie bro!!1!" maybe we wouldn't all be breathing the fumes from the dumpster fire that is the Trump presidency.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

OctaviusBeaver posted:

Serves them right for spending 8 years calling anyone who criticized Obama a racist.

glenn greenwald doesn't care about black people

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Freestyle posted:

Hillary could have talked about the obscene and growing income inequality, the marginalization of the working class of every color, the serious healthcare problems, the erosion of the middle class, the fact that 30-40% of millennials live with their parents because you can't afford a house in most major american cities if you're not making mid to high 6 figures, the multiple environmental catastrophes already in motion, but instead she chose to attack a silly cartoon frog beloved and memed by millions of kids and teens and she made him out to be the reincarnation of Hitler.

AND THEN...

she asks "Why aren't I 50 points ahead??"

You don't get rich on speaking fees from decrying income equality

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Collective ownership via the stock market

if you walk to the left long enough you end up on the far right

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
you don't carry the gun you scrub you put it in a holster

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Amarcarts posted:

So what's the deal with Benghazi? People make a big fuss but has anyone actually articulated what Hillary personally did wrong? As far I can tell she didn't increase security after a request for more security, but that seems like more of an oversight rather than "treason", since the state department probably deals with thousands of different communications/requests on a daily basis.

I just ask because looking back the right-wing media were going rabid about it for years afterward leading up until the election and now you don't hear about it.

She did a bad thing, but not a Bad Thing.

I'm not going to try and earn e-cred by saying I was best buddies with Vilerat, but we'd PMed a few times, and it makes me angry that Clinton did not increase security. Not full on "LOCK HER UP" Michael Flynn style anger, but I do partly blame her his death, and feel her inability to say she did something wrong and accept she made a mistake is probably a major source of my hard feelings on that matter rather than a miscalculation on security for a single embassy.

Further, that mistake, coupled with her use of a personal email server and the ancedotes I'm seeing in regard to the campaign (such as the staffer she made switch roles and then tore into during debate prep) create a narrative of a woman who cannot accept constructive criticism, blames underlings for mistakes, and thinks if she can just craft the perfect message for those drat poors, they'll realize they're voting wrong.

I can see where that could create legitimate frustration, and I can see where someone less educated (or frankly, racist enough to think bad things wouldn't happen to them under Trump) who doesn't enjoy being told "do this or else" walked into a voting booth and pulled the lever for Trump, in the same way they might slam on the brakes when being tailgated.

maskenfreiheit fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Apr 25, 2017

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
whoops hit quote not edit

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

here's the thing (for like the millionth time)

this election was not about poor racists being unable to make a good decision

this was a broad spectrum of people either not voting or willingly tossing a brick through the DC window

in 2020 if the DNC can counter that populist sentiment with an outsider of their own, they'll win

if things stay the same as they are right now, nothing catastrophic happens, and then the DNC runs another corporate shill, they'll lose

Yes, I agree w/ the corporate shill == lose sentiment.

And I don't think that ONLY racists elected Trump.

I do think that several states (PA, WI, MI) in the Midwest lost by a TINY margin, and that uneducated white voters probably played an oversized part in the election.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Toadvine posted:

I cheered up a few of my friends and co-workers a little the day after the election with this joke:
"the silver lining is that we as a nation just elected our second person of color president"

technically black is the absence of color and white is a combination of all the colors so a white president is the ultimate "person of color"

:smugdon:

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
It's well known in intelligence circles there are no photos of Osama's corpse because they canoed him.

quote:

Some of those photographs, especially those taken of casualties from 2005 through 2008, show deceased enemy combatants with their skulls split open by a rifle or pistol round at the upper forehead, exposing their brain matter. The foreign fighters who suffered these V-shaped wounds were either killed in battle and later shot at close range or finished off with a security round while dying. Among members of SEAL Team 6, this practice of desecrating enemy casualties was called “canoeing.”

The canoeing photos are dramatic documentary evidence of the extreme and unnecessary violence that began to occur during multiple high-risk, exhausting, and traumatizing tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan. “There is and was no military reason whatsoever to split someone’s skull open with a single round,” said a former SEAL Team 6 leader. “It’s sport.”

The former SEAL Team 6 leader said that he first noticed canoeing in 2004, and that it does occur accidentally on the battlefield, but rarely. He said canoeing became “big” in 2007. “I’d look through the post-op photos and see multiple canoes on one objective, several times a deployment,” the retired SEAL said. When SEAL Team 6 operators were occasionally confronted about the desecration, the SEAL leader said, they’d often joke that they were just “great shots.”...

Although canoeing as a ritualized form of enemy mutilation ceased to be a widespread practice after McRaven’s clamp-down on the SEALs’ atrocities, it did not entirely cease. And though the gruesome and illegal practice has never been previously reported, at least one canoeing incident is quite well known, if hidden in plain sight.

By the time Robert O’Neill entered Osama bin Laden’s bedroom in the Abbottabad compound on May 2, 2011, the al Qaeda leader was bleeding out on the floor, possibly already dead, after being shot in the chest and leg by the lead assaulter on the raid. That operator, known as Red inside the unit, is still an active-duty member of SEAL Team 6 and has never been publicly identified. O’Neill entered the room, walked over to where bin Laden lay on the floor, and shot him twice in the face. He then stood above the now indisputably dead man and canoed him, firing a round into his forehead and splitting open the top of his skull, exposing his brain. Osama bin Laden had been branded by SEAL Team 6.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

spacetoaster posted:

Since when do shooting enemy soldiers in the head during war become illegal? lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co5xVHsMRV0&t=35s

uh, if you read the article you'll see it's often done after death to desecrate a corpse, which is a pretty major party foul war crime

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

spacetoaster posted:

Interesting. What constitutes a major/minor war crime? Also, what article would shooting a corpse fall under?

I'm not going to argue this further. It's a basic fact - you can't cut up / desecrate a corpse.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Toadvine posted:

Remember when sucker hillfolk got on Bernies rear end for not being a true devout democrat? then later told all of his angry supporters they need to suck it up or leave the party??

this will end in hilarity when some of them do just that and gary johnson finally snags 5% and spends the entire presidential debate trolling them both and resisting the urge to remove all his clothes

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
#FEELTHEJOHNSON

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
once you realize the DNC sees voters as empty vessels, impressionable minds succeptable to whatever is placed in front of them, the allegations of "tampering" become clearer.

"Presenting facts counter to our narrative" (Ex: We rigged primary against Bernie and passed debate questions to Hillary) == "voter manipulation"

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

How do liberals look at poo poo like this and think anything other than "poo poo, our strategy was trash"?

did you just call what should have been the first female president trash?

Sexist much? :rolleyes:

:goonsay:

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

she's white trash from Arkansas

yet you do not critisize the MALE white trash from Arkansas who preceded her?

LAME!

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

Bill was actually likeable and knew how to win

so when a WOMAN pushes neoliberal policies from 1998 she's not "likeable" got it chief

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Krustic posted:

So a comedy hack bootlicker is defending the first black president who is half white for taking money for "speeches" and using his skin color to deflect any criticism of this widely used non-ethical practice? I'm shocked.

i mean i'm just saying it's possible you wouldn't be raising these criticisms if obama was white

and denying you're a racist is like, the #1 sign you're a racist.................

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Krustic posted:

Obama literally has more white ancestry than I do. Looks like you're the racist. I hope you're proud of your racism (actually I don't hope that, you should be ashamed!)

every day i wake up and thank goodness that my working class polish and italian ancestors faced absolutely zero discrimination when they came to the shining beacon of freedom that was 1920s america.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Tallgeese posted:

That is overlooking the fact that the only court that actually matters in this instance is the court of public opinion.

It really doesn't matter that it's a way to say "if the court finds that this actually happened, then my defense for doing that is XYZ", when to the average person (read: the vast majority of voters) that's basically saying "I did it and am trying to weasel my way out of the consequences on a technicality."

Public opinion, often informed by sexism, is invalid. Clinton is best democrat!

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
I like how both of the "external" factors (Comey whining about emails, assange dropping dank leaks about primary shennanigans like passing her debate questions) actually involve details about her bad behavior being UNFAIRLY revealed.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

And the speeches for banks talking about how you need a public position and then a different private position, and also pledging to pass the tpp and protect wall street while publicly saying the opposite

iirc they briefly tried to spin this as a privacy invasion or something

(everyone has private thoughts!1!!1)

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Blue Train posted:

Empty quoting

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Biden's too old and too much an actual player, if they don't actually go Hilldawg it'll be another charismatic nobody who can claim "outsider" status but is too much a true believer in the system to not do exactly as they're told once in office.

finally, the youth of the nation will FEEL THE CHAFE

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

basic hitler posted:

I legit want a lady president soon, because we should break those boundaries down, but there must be a candidate with quality. Merely settling for just anyone, including someone as crooked as hillary clinton, is not acceptable. Sorry to the affluent baby boomer 2nd wave feminists who were ready to settle for whoever came along, but settling for a lovely president for a symbolic victory is completely stupid and insane.

personally i look forward to president palin's bold leadership

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
President Ron Wyden has a nice ring to it.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

i am shocked that julian assange did not notice the email signature - someone should alert him to his grave error

quote:

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
to be fair, iceland prosecuted their bankers and now they dont exist

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
what does she say in this book about weed? 🤔

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

skasion posted:

If Bernie went to a bar how many beers do you think he would have

none he'd order an arnold palmer

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
trump v bern debate would have been a good roast

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
pretty sexist to say after twice unsuccessfully running for president maybe you should stop running for president

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
I'd vote for Ron Wyden.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
https://twitter.com/fusion/status/867255115530604544

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
run as independent: "you need to work within the system, you're siphoning votes from candidate with an actual chance to win"

run as democrat after caucusing with them for 30 years: "YOU'RE NOT A DEMOCRAT REEEEEEEEEEE"

:shrug:

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

etalian posted:

hillary and her cabal of dishonest allies manipulated the media to make them give Trump more focus & legitimacy.

Her team thought Trump would be the easiest canidate to beat in the general election fight.

so hillary worked with the russians?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
bernie would have left you alone

• Locked thread