Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I still have my original Mana Player Identification card, number 137374. I played from Revised through Visions.

When I came back to play in FNMs starting with Alara Reborn they gave me a new DCI card and number formatted XXXX-XXX-XXX, but after a bit I had them look me up and they found my old number. They added 3030 in front so now I'm 3030137374 I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Pontius Pilate posted:

Oh no I was just making that up though can the undead be corrupted?

Maybe you were thinking of when Liliana was able to use zombies to counter Emrakul's brainwashing or whatever.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Kobold tribal with 40 different 0 cost kobolds.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

The worst part is that a few of the actual Magic novels are...well, maybe not good but at least serviceable.

What ever happened to Mark Grubb?

Jeff Grubb? Writing for the Guild Wars 2 mmo, including a novel a few years ago.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

Yeah, last time we went to Dominaria everything was made of salt, lava or pillars.

Anyway, another unco legend

drat. After having fun with dark ritual into hippie specter back in Revised, I always loved the flavor and art of the specters if not their gameplay stats. At one time I wanted a legendary specter for a themed casual commander deck. I guess I shouldn't be surprised when they got around to one it is as one note and bad in constructed as the specters themselves.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

White, Dimir, Mardu.

I almost said Temur but then remembered that stormbreath dragons and Kologhans with crackling doom and deflecting palm was my favorite time in standard by far, since my local meta was "need to be able to win in under 25 minutes because the store owner wants to keep this poo poo moving and people don't plan around haste even when you've beaten them with hasty creatures out of nowhere the past two times you've fought them." My biggest loss with that deck came down to a deflecting palm face off where my opponent drew two more off the top as exactly the two cards he needed to beat me.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

As the resident Magic Dad, I've been talking a lot about my daughter, but my younger son is usually made to play Nintendo in the corner when we do the occasional Standard Showdown or whatnot. I'd like to involve him and he's showed interest.

He's 5 and starting Kindegarten next year. He's actually surprisingly good at math, but, naturally, not reading yet.

I'm thinking about giving him a head start by making a few decks that have simple, 1-color absolutely plain vanilla creatures. Maybe eventually adding a combat trick and then a lord or something that he can identify by art. Thoughts, suggestions?

E: this would just be for kitchen table, I wouldn't actually send him to a standard showdown with a deck of vanilla creatures and sideboard of different vanilla creatures.

With the sister on cats it has to be dogs for him right? Or at least dinosaurs.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

He's heavy into Sonic the Hedgehog.

Custom treasure tokens with the gold ring art?

edit: goblins have fun art and might fit the cartoon aesthetic.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Do we have any idea what the hell this is?

He says its from a planeswalker poster he got from FYE (a cd/dvd/poster/toy store, the nearest one to me just closed and used to be a Sam Goody and a Musicland before that).

I quit Magic a couple of years ago but still keep an eye on things. Getting tempted to resume my planeswalker collection at least but they don't make it easy with the yearly SDCC set. This year's is likely to be pricier still, not looking forward to it.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

264 unique planeswalkers at all rarities.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Nukes to Saudi A! posted:

Using card spoilers to tell the story makes so much more sense than the cards spoiling the story ala deicide

Why did this take 25 years

Yeah I'm really enjoying seeing how this is going based on the batches of cards spoiled, very cool.

Is there any way the final bracket of the tournament isn't Tibalt vs. Liliana?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

Whos the greatest thief in the multiverse now

Fblthp, he's pulling off the greatest heist in the multiverse: stealing Bolas' statue out from under his nose in the middle of a war

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The gently caress is Arboreal Grazer doing in standard matches

Not stopping thief of sanity from beating nexus players with their own nexuses (nexii?) that's for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Arivia posted:

Is that seriously $200 for five alternate art cards? Jfc.

The one I got, Origins I think, came with a small hardcover artbook too. The one before or after that came with a giant Garruk toy axe or something. Not sure if they've still done anything extra for the past few years. And obviously its never anything to make the price worth it.