Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

TwistedNails posted:

He still looks a lot better than that shitlord efro did in a full suit.

thanks for reminding me to look up one of my favorite MtG images:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Retromancer posted:

Who'd have thought that paying 4 and sacing a land to shock face would be the new tech that puts RDW over the top?

also abrade

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa there are so many loving commercials and so little actual magic in pt coverage

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

I've been out all day and missing it, what happened?

wizards of the coast elected to not show matches of magic: the gathering in the Magic: the Gathering Pro Tour: Hour of Devastation coverage and instead have spent hours showing dumb nonsense

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Elyv posted:

why would you want to watch matches of magic: the gathering

please, no kink shaming

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

loving lmao at marshall constantly hot mic'ing

oh my godddddd wizards coverage

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

guillame wafo-tapa buried the hearthstone streamer dork under millions of cards; the UR control deck is a delight to watch in action. jon finkel also had a draft deck with four (4) obelisk spider plus approach of the second sun

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Cactrot posted:

Need this RB aggro list.

probably something like this: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/standard-r-b-aggroa#paper

yeah wafo-tapa beat a board of flipped Thing in the Ice, double fumarole, and dragonmaster outcast with basically just the locust god while at 4 life

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

hearthstone guy was not good at constructed. he had one reasonably tight play to play around a torrential gearhulk but he made a lot of mistakes

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

those sphinx's rev decks with just an elixir or immortality as the win condition were a loving delight

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

it's a great disservice to this great game that we have to see more sam black

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

RG Vengevine ft. Hollow One from the SCG Open this weekend:

x/4s seems pretty great in modern

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

KillarySwank posted:

Glad I already picked up my Vengevines for Vintage(?).

you got a survival list my dude?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

no but that doesn't stop people from playing it

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Pontius Pilate posted:

Never got the efro hate. Did I miss something lovely he did?

the evil team comes together when efro takes off his mask to reveal he was Mike Long the whole time

e: is Melissa de Tora one of the GP commentators?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Tainen posted:

Yeah and she is a really good addition. Much better than Duke.

yeah i was trying to think of who from wotc they swapped her out for and holy moly is she a massive improvement

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

ShaneB posted:

Reid is really good so I'm happy to see if she's good. Are you thinking of Ian?

Ian. Although Reid Duke's videos are among the worst on CFB so I could see him being a bad commentator too

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

BJPaskoff posted:

The Approach UW deck has no win conditions other than resolving an Approach. Decklist is on DailyMTG.

get andrew cuneo on the horn

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i think the one thing we can come together on is that frank lepore is the worst on that site, both at making content and being a human being

Carl Killer Miller posted:

Is there a thread for brews?

Wanted to talk some imminent doom/unsummon/UR control baddeck

This is nominally the brew thread but it's pretty much only ever standard and pretty much only ever bad budget decks

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

free high tide

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Aranan posted:

Kitchen table magic has often driven prices of weird things fairly high. Glimpse the Unthinkable and Doubling Season had pretty high price points even before Commander became a thing just because they were popular for casual decks. AFAIK, Glimpse doesn't have a real use in any competitive decks and a one shot mill-for-10 is useless in Commander, but it's still relatively expensive.

paging C-Euro

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

AlternateNu posted:

SCG stream moves over to Jim Davis' backup game right as he loses 0-2 against the mirror in top 8. loving lol.

*in a sickos voice* yes ha ha ha... Yes!

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Hellsau posted:

lol this Osyp and Owen interaction is great:

https://clips.twitch.tv/JoyousKitschyMallardDoritosChip

i really hope to see more of Osyp. I haven't seen him at all since they took him off the SCG coverage team

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Sickening posted:

Can someone who plays legacy tell me why this deck is good because it looks awful.

lmao

hm well actually *stifling laughter* there's a lot of little synergies in the deck. saprazzan skerry and skyship plunderer are a good combo and *haha* you can uptick your chalice of the void in a pinchhahahaha

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

The Shortest Path posted:

It's not going below ~$20 ever because of commander.

Also I'm loving the zero copies of Carnage Tyrant in that top 64, delicious.

au contraire

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=116341

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

that's actually why Ramirez Dipietro is in the legacy deck. Because it costs 2CMC more, it won't be in play when your opponent's Hostage Taker comes down in the mirror

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Jabor posted:

Scrying Sheets is also a relevant card that some people might want to play with.

free The Mighty Quinn

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

So, the Vintage Super League is on. Rich Shay on Shops is playing Randy Buehler on Paradoxical Outcome horse poo poo. Rich baits out a force with Workshop->Foundry Inspector, then plays out two moxen and Sorcerous Spyglass, seeing two Flooded Stand as Randy's lands and naming Flooded Strand

vintage is good again

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Ultima66 posted:

Steven Menendian said on his podcast that Spyglass honestly might be the card that gets Workshop restricted. He said it's not just the fact that it's a card that improves the deck, which it does but not necessarily to a broken level. The problem is that it exacerbates the worst aspects of Shops from a play perspective. On the play turn 1 Spyglass into Revoker/Thorn lets you shut down your opponent's mana in a way Shops has never really been able to do before, while being much weaker on the draw, and the fact that Shops is so much better on the play has always been a big problem with Shops being good in the format.

there has been talk about revoker getting restricted, or at least big time players recognizing it's the best card in the deck

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

VSL update: Randy Buehler is not good at magic

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

what is the Goon Consensus on the best sleeves now that KMCs are poo poo? Dragon Shield Mattes, right?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

He's going to send his Spitting Slug into her Waterveil Cavern.
/

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

the old SCG coverage was really, really bad, but did give us Battle of Wits and this gem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qwm904bq3s

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

LGD posted:

it helps if you can do better math than these commentators- how 32 potential life became "128" I will never know

that game was straight hilarious though

i think that was an exponent joke

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

myDad posted:

2n, am I right fellas?

ur rite

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Perfect

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

oh hey I just came in here to post about Bitcoin guy

pretty weird that he isn't pricing his cards in Bitcoin and won't answer questions as to why he won't do that

really weird. big mystery

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I mean I'm sure someone is going to run shrieking into the thread about how it's very, super, amazingly normal to use the dark web no-buyer-protection currency instead of any of the extant options to transfer US Dollars to purchase little cardboard rectangles.

this has happened in the facebook thread already so

ya

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Chill la Chill posted:

Either those are 5-digit cards or even the sellers recognize how embarrassing it would be to write 0.083214 as a price.

it's because bitcoin is a comedy currency with no underpinning whatsoever so they want to anchor their price in non-joke amounts

Cactrot posted:

Dunning-Krugerrands

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Is a nerd not entitled to the sweat that drips onto his playmat?