Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

hey guys what if someone said something crazy like "we must secure the existence of our archetype and a future for white weenie?" that would be pretty nuts huh if that happened hypothetically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

GoutPatrol posted:

In conclusion, I'm pretty sure the only good poster here is C-Euro because he is mill for life

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Shadow225 posted:

...is there any possibility of this making noise in modern paired with Wilderness Reclamation?

not when mystical teachings for nexus of fate already exists

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

TacoNight posted:

Actually, since there are external round timers, do they also have judges to enforce slow play rules?

lol

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Hellsau posted:

Esper Control and Esper Acuity are the same archetype. Also lol Bo1.

Mono Blue Is Going To Win

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

so is owen a sex pest or what's the deal here

i need to know if i need to update my spreadsheet or not

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

bless up to the sicko on enchantress next to me in round one at GP Niagara Falls

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

sure here's the updates for rounds 1-5 so far: the high tide player in the room with a losing record has gone to time every single round

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

2-0 last i saw him

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

second update: holding force, force, brainstorm, vapor snag, surgical extraction and with lethal damage on board, i allow my RB reanimator opponent to animate dead a chancellor of the annex only to vapor snag it back to his hand

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

he was already pretty mad that I had the audacity to interact with his gameplan

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

GoutPatrol posted:

If you really want video, the mtgjp twitch had modern yokohama up. I saw round 9 with a super weird and fast devoted druid combo deck with pact of negation.

probably this thing: http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=14652

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

final GP Niagara Falls update: after extensive testing, I can confidently say that Steel Stompy has an excellent matchup against Legacy 8-rack

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i find it hard to believe that dinos are better than 8 rabblemaster effects but... lmao

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Meatbag Esq. posted:

What was the deck list???

4 Ancient Tomb
4 City of Traitors
5 Mountain
6 Snow-covered Mountain
4 Chrome Mox
4 Simian Spirit Guide
4 Blood Moon
4 Chalice of the Void
4 uh, that 3/3 that was banned in standard
4 of that haste dinosaur
4 kobold of kher keep
4 uktabi orangutan

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

land, crack fetch, get 20 years, i'm conley woooods

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Adventures in Nic Fit at GP Minneapolis legacy side events

Had the following interactions:
1. Hostage Taker a Marit Lage token
2. Plaguecrafter a Marit Lage token, then later in the game Eternal Witness back Plaguecrafter to get another Marit Lage token
3. Phantasmal Image a Marit Lage token
4. Survive a Marit Lage attack by sacrificing the Phantasmal image with Yawgmoth and drawing into ice-fang coatl to block
5. Flashing in an Ice-Fang Coatl to trade with a Craterhoof and survive at 1
6. Podding up a Plague Engineer game 1 vs Elves
7. Pod E. Wit into Hostage Taker on an Archon of Valor's Reach after Archon had named "Enchantment"
8. Getting an ancestral recall because Stoneblade opponent has to use 3 jitte counters on my maindeck Trygon Predator while I have Leovold in play
9. Drawing 16 cards off of Edric over the course of a game and losing
10. Getting turn 2'd by Painter after cabal therapy'ing twice
11. Creating 20 power with Titania EOT

deck rules

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

ItBreathes posted:

Do Magic players still say 'mise'?

Rich Shay does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces