Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
Newbie here, this weekends prerelease will be my first time playing magic and hopefully not my last. Aside from actually going down to a local store and playing I've been doing all I can to get a grasp of the game. CFB gave Slither Blade a 0 but a 1 mana 1/2 that can't be blocked seems useful to me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

Fair enough, thanks all.

Angry Grimace posted:

It doesn't do very much. The only way it would ever be good is if you loaded it up with enchantments, but that's generally a bad strategy because you lose all the cards when/if it gets killed.

So the same apply to Sacred Cat, regardless of picking up Regal Caracal? *Or is that a different story because of lifelink and embalm?

tqilamknbrd fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Apr 20, 2017

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

I'm sure I'll lose a bunch of games before I gain even the slightest sense of value appreciation and for that matter ~synergy~, but thanks for the heads up.

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

Listerine Hangover posted:

While I was waiting for the bathroom before the tournament, someone behind me said they had a glock in their pocket. He was a weird aspie demon that stared at me before I switched tables. I was legit concerned about getting shot up tonight. Man

i would have been out of there, grats on the liliana though

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

First prerelease, first time playing. Didn't pull anything special and went 1-3 with a midrangesque BG deck. Shoutout to bone picker for carrying me to the win.

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

well here's hoping for a breach in the kamigawa tourny deck i just ordered :v:

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

so satisfying to open, now i feel less bitter about the guy opening gideon + nissa at the prerelease

*also snagged a foil bontu in the next pack :>

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

ItBreathes posted:

With the rise of arena, what's the new "*.dec" way to refer to meme decks?

all decks are meme decks

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

lmao old mate doesn't need justification to play out a competitive match no matter how y'all spin it, especially considering it paid off

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

nvm

tqilamknbrd fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Mar 27, 2019

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

23,987 sold? I thought there was only 12,000 made?

Also my PayPal payment was accepted, but I used the app on my phone to buy, not the website.

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

Well it's up to 35,000 units sold so?

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

Jiro posted:

I just spent a hundo on a booster box. I think I have a problem.

Mate, I just paid for two booster boxes in a language I don't even understand, you're all g

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

Always. Go. To. Face.

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

The rare wildcard bottleneck is real and I hate it

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

All of me hopes they don't

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

Wouldn't be too hard or expensive to take the sheet to a local print store and get em cut professionally..

And lmao at trying to make this out as wotc's fault anyway, they don't run ebay

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

Amazing with Nissa?

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

CODChimera posted:

Oh yeah that's a really good rule, my group used to do something similar to that but then we ended up with a massive backlog of games.

I'll wait and see what the preorder prices are like and maybe just compromise and get a fatpack...

Not going to tell you how to spend your money, but I'm defs getting a few bundles.

quote:

Bundle Gets an Upgrade — Core Set 2020 Bundles come with twenty foil lands, an alternate-art foil promo card, and an oversized Spindown life counter.

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

evilweasel posted:

as opposed to the art from who?

a non-chud?

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

I'll stick to mythic edition lotto thanks

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

b/o killed* paper magic

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

invest now in oona planeswalker futures

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

lmao @ all the filthy reactionaries itt, hogaak won't even win and you'll still cry for a ban while you sleeve up your tron deck for the next gp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

Elyv posted:

hogaak only got one copy into t8, guess it was overblown

https://twitter.com/karsten_frank/status/1155189515323133953

hmm

who could've predicted, and as soon as eldraine is released hogaak will be forgotten and y'all will cry about some new hot deck for the three months it's viable